• Yes!!!

Votes: 45 95.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Probably not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Pics
Cause I have 2 pekins that are over a month old and when I get my garden going I was thinking about allowing them access to the garden from their coop
Our young ducks love the garden, and at that age they could not get in the beds on their own. We actually had their pool in the garden back when we had a pool. They did like the pea shoots and the lettuce (both things we feed them daily), so we had to protect those beds.

Squash grows well with corn. It does need space, but the vines do well spreading between the rows of corn. It's a great space saver, and the vines help keep the weeds down. They do need ample water, as does corn, which is another reason they make good companions.
Another bonus of this arrangement is that deer and raccoon are less likely to invade the corn, as they don't like to walk through the squash vines. Or so I've heard...

Who is excited for gardening season? :celebrate

What are your plans? Are you trying anything new this year? Are you growing a garden for your chickens?
Planting two 60 foot berry rows!!! :D :D :D

Blueberries and raspberries. Im in a valley made by a large river. So the soil is almost like a riverbed. ROCKS EVEYWHERE!!!😂. But I just finished tilling and removing rocks and not im ready to start on the trellis (for the raspberries) and add compost, and potash.

I started chickens this year if you followed the HAL's you've probably seen my posts.
I'm starting a compost pile and starting gardening this year also. should be fun, I mean interesting and frustrating. Anyone have their young children [three year old] helping out? suggestions welcomed for burning the energy off of a three year old. LOL I think we are 8a/8b and it gets plenty hot and humid here.

Ive got a project in reclaiming our old septic system drain field [which the tank was recently crushed in] and diverting all/most of my grey water to nourish my back yard. If anyone has tips on that too, i'd love to hear it.

Have grown flowering plants and some trees, but never vegetables. So I bought some tomatoes, and carrots. And i'm hoping my cousin from Pittsburgh has some of her Cherry Tomato seeds/plants available soon. they grow like weeds for her, no maintenance and just go pluck some when you want them...

I love gardening❤ And every year I sow more and more veggies...

This year we will sow/have sown;
- Tiny Tim dwarf tomatos
- Sparta tomatos
- 2 kinds of cucumber
- some chili and sweet peppers
- borlotti beans
- broad beans
- green peas
- Savoy cabbage
- Romanesco
- Broccoli
- Kale
- Brussel sprouts
- potatoes
- Carrots
- Turnip
- Red onion
-shallots
- wild strawberries, Rügen
- Strawberries, temptation.

My conclusion is that my superman hubby must help me make more garden beds this year🤣 Last year we ate the last carrots a few days from Christmas and the potatoes until February, so I must grow more.

We even have black currant bushes and some strawberry plants in our garden and it grows wild raspberries, lingonberries and blueberries all over our farm. This year we have ordered two honeyberry bushes, Duet, and hope we can find one other variety, since they get bigger and more berries with more varieties. We gave up the idea of blueberries, it's probably too cold here in winter..

Back
Top Bottom