• Yes!!!

Votes: 45 95.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Probably not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Pics
I hope indoor plants are allowed here...I've got my own little garden starting in my bedroom...hoping to move into my sisters' old bedroom soon, too, because it has a round turret in it with lovely south and east-facing windows!

Anyway, I got several new plants today!
Silver Sprinkles Pilea, Flaming Katy, String of Buttons, Easter Cactus, Tippy Echeveria, and Astridia velutina. <3 <3 I think I'm becoming an addict. Actually, I know I am. :lau And I'm still a newbie...all of the ones I've had for a while are barely alive...lol. I'm learning a lot though and I got some watering apps that should definitely help!
IMG_5907.JPG

I also came really close to buying another orchid. But like a more exotic kind, not just your run-of-the-mill Phalaenopsis. But since they are more difficult (and expensive!!) I thought it would be a good idea to get the hang of plant keeping a little while longer. My own Phalaenopsis still need more attention!
IMG_5911.JPG

My freshly potted Katy! :loveIt's really tiny and cute!

Sorry for hijacking the thread. This is for FOOD gardening, isn't it :oops: I guess I just really wanted to share

What an adventure! We seem to be such a large family that our produce is gone as soon as it comes 😂
There is only one cure for that; grow even more and preserve even more🤣 Less grass, more veggie beds in the garden.

I really wish we had pressure canners here in Norway. There have not been a tradition for pressure canning in Scandinavia, we keep our potatoes in cellars which holds perfect temperature for potatoes, carrots, turnips, onions and cabbage. People have been preserving with water bathing... But that will not do for Carrots and beans.
And summer is rarely long and hot enough to dry beans so they need to be freezed.
But it would have been a dream just to take a jar of ready peeled, sliced Carrots and just heat for dinner. I do freeze some veggies., but I need the space for meat etc... and when the snow storms howl, there is always a risk of being without electricity for some hours or a day or two.

Back
Top Bottom