Are you gardening this year?

• Yes!!!

Votes: 45 95.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Probably not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Getting kind of frustrated - I'm having so many issues with my tomato starts this year and I'm starting to wonder if it's like a 'seed' thing. My only tomatoes without any issues all came from Baker Creek, everything else is turning bright green and getting super crispy. Everything is watered and I'm using fish emulsion to lightly fertilize...it's driving me nuts that like out of 100 plants most of them are damaged 😑
So sad! I can't give you much advice, but hugs for you! :hugs

I hope indoor plants are allowed here...I've got my own little garden starting in my bedroom...hoping to move into my sisters' old bedroom soon, too, because it has a round turret in it with lovely south and east-facing windows!

Anyway, I got several new plants today!
Silver Sprinkles Pilea, Flaming Katy, String of Buttons, Easter Cactus, Tippy Echeveria, and Astridia velutina. <3 <3 I think I'm becoming an addict. Actually, I know I am. :lau And I'm still a newbie...all of the ones I've had for a while are barely alive...lol. I'm learning a lot though and I got some watering apps that should definitely help!
IMG_5907.JPG

I also came really close to buying another orchid. But like a more exotic kind, not just your run-of-the-mill Phalaenopsis. But since they are more difficult (and expensive!!) I thought it would be a good idea to get the hang of plant keeping a little while longer. My own Phalaenopsis still need more attention!
IMG_5911.JPG

My freshly potted Katy! :loveIt's really tiny and cute!

Sorry for hijacking the thread. This is for FOOD gardening, isn't it :oops: I guess I just really wanted to share

Sorry for hijacking the thread. This is for FOOD gardening, isn't it :oops: I guess I just really wanted to share
Lol it just says "gardening" so indoors should count too, I'd think. Though I haven't grown houseplants in years, they tend to attract gnats and well, my dogs, so best for me to keep greenery outside!

Lol it just says "gardening" so indoors should count too, I'd think. Though I haven't grown houseplants in years, they tend to attract gnats and well, my dogs, so best for me to keep greenery outside!
I haven't gotten gnats, and I don't have a dog, but I did find a stink bug on one of my succulents the other day :sick:sick:sick HATE those guys!

Beana, peas, nasturtium... I'll have to try that this year! We already planted most of the peas but I'll definitely soak the others!
This is the first time I've soaked peas (I normally plant them super early so I don't want them to germinate too fast). The soaked ones definitely sprouted quicker.

I've always soaked beans because it helps the sprouts push through the tough outer layer, and they germinate very quickly after that.

Back
Top Bottom