Genders, Please! Lots of pics!

statonisland

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 28, 2012
Liberty, MO
What do you think? I'm crossing my fingers that all 5 of my crew are ladies... :) Hopefully the pics are sufficient! I tried for face, legs, and general conformation pics, but some of them didn't appreciate the paparazzi spying on them. ;)
All are around 11 weeks old.

Nugget. Buff Orp.

Hemi, Plymouth Rock

Also, I'm aware of some easy confusion between Americaunas and Easter Eggers...This one was sold as Americauna, is that correct? Kiwi, Americauna.

Ninja, Silver Laced Wyandotte.

...and to show their disapproval of my picture-taking, they gave me one group shot... of butts.
Not very lady-like, eh? Thanks everyone for your help! :)

They all are looking like pullets to me. I'd keep an eye on Kiwi, that coloration is not very common with pullets and all too common with cockerels. She is a an Ester Egger, not an Ameraucana. BTW, there is no "i" in Ameraucana.

I would say all girls, except I'm not sure on the Easter Egger - she/he has some suspicious saddle feathers, but the face and neck look very pullet-ish.

Very pretty birds! And welcome to BYC!
smile.png
welcome-byc.gif

Thanks, everyone! I like your answers since that includes most of them being hens! :) We will definately keep an eye on Kiwi after a couple of you agree she/he is somewhat suspicious looking. Thanks for the tip about the coloring, Peeka52, and the spelling lesson-Sorry about that, that breed should be in the BYC spell checker, eh?! lol BTW, Easter has an "a" in it. ;o)

Pullets. To set your mind at ease, I had a half dozen ee pullets with that same coloring last year. I get green eggs daily!

I would say all pullets. As with the last poster, I have an ee with Kiwi's coloring, too. Our Pretty Girl lays very pretty green eggs for us.

Thanks, Donrae and Teeville5- that does help, I really am not in the market for a rooster, so I hope I got lucky and have the same situation as yours. When did your EE's start laying? Mine are 11 weeks right now. Can't wait for those beautiful eggs! (Provided Kiwi is a "she." lol)

Back
Top Bottom