Genomes

Finding the genetic code is difficult. I’ve been reading over these sites posted, as well as several other pages, and I can’t find it, such as the Swedish Flower Hen, with their Speckled, Flowery color and pattern.
That’s because it is too variable and doesn’t even have a phenotype that people can agree on.

Finding the genetic code is difficult. I’ve been reading over these sites posted, as well as several other pages, and I can’t find it, such as the Swedish Flower Hen, with their Speckled, Flowery color and pattern.
That's a mille fleur pattern

Yea, I can understand the high variability of a SWedish Flower Color and pattern, but I was wondering what effect it would have in crossing with something like a Black Copper Marans?

SFH are more of a landrace then a breed. There is no SOP and no set pattern for them.
They can come in a variety of patterns but all should have mottling.

Swedish Flowery Hens are

eb/eb, Co/Co, mo/mo, s+/s+ and Bl/Bl(for Plash, Bl/bl+ for blues and bl+/bl+ for the one showing black) and red enhanced(Mh/Mh)

They have about the most beautiful pattern known to chickens, The Splash Roosters resemble the Red Shoulder Yokohama in pattern(but RSY have different genetic make up)

eb/eb, Co/Co, mo/mo, s+/s+, Bl/Bl and red enhanced(probably mahogany)
swedish-flower-soren.jpg

eb/eb, Co/Co, mo/mo, s+/s+, Bl/bl+ and red enhanced(Mh/Mh probably mahogany)
swedish-flower-2.jpg

On Chicken Calculator
Swedish1.jpg

Personally, I prefer the look of anything Red Laced Blue. SF pattern looks a mess, imo.

Swedish Flowery Hens are

eb/eb, Co/Co, mo/mo, s+/s+ and Bl/Bl(for Plash, Bl/bl+ for blues and bl+/bl+ for the one showing black) and red enhanced(Mh/Mh)

They have about the most beautiful pattern known to chickens, The Splash Roosters resemble the Red Shoulder Yokohama in pattern(but RSY have different genetic make up)

eb/eb, Co/Co, mo/mo, s+/s+, Bl/Bl and red enhanced(probably mahogany)
swedish-flower-soren.jpg

eb/eb, Co/Co, mo/mo, s+/s+, Bl/bl+ and red enhanced(Mh/Mh probably mahogany)
swedish-flower-2.jpg

On Chicken Calculator
View attachment 1888404
That is quite impressive.

Back
Top Bottom