German New Hampshire

Yes that's the plan Scott maybe, we'll see how it turns out, its an experiment. I do a lot of those LOL Hey, at least you can always eat the mess-up/mistakes not too many other experiments have that option.

Cindy I plan on feeding a mostly grain ration this week actually just get them off the grower ration for a spell before butchering, they are still in the grow out pen and its getting too little. Hey you may check with desertmarcy in Tuscon as she may have an extra German male with a good open tail for you to cross your girls onto. Her stock is from matt1616 (also from Akers too) so you'd still have the same familial group to work with, so to say. Just thought that may help you out a bit, this way you could use your good typey girls instead going thru another generation to get to the next step.

Jeff
good day all
Great idea, Jeff...thanks!!

Yay! My New Hampshire's from Jeremy hatched....11 little cuties. I don't know if wing sexing works with this breed, but if it does I have 7 girls and 4 boys. Just read the posts on the different types with these half-n-halfs...I am noticing that even at only a couple of days old that some chicks are a lot fluffier than others.... It will be interesting to see how they turn out. Taking notes and tagged the males to see if the wing sexing proves to be accurate or not. So glad to have found this thread. Hampshire's are new to me and I want to learn all I can

The firstly I am sorry to disturb you.
I live in Turkey. I want to have this breed.
Could you help me for hatching eggs.
Because Nobody is not raise german new hampshire in our country.
Kind regards
Thank you for your efforts

Can a person even mail eggs from the U.S. toTurkey and would the eggs survive the plane ride? Just curious, just asking. Does anybody know?

Can a person even mail eggs from the U.S. toTurkey and would the eggs survive the plane ride? Just curious, just asking. Does anybody know?
I have heard of people taking eggs on board with them and being successfully hatched...I believe it was a Canada to US thing...I suppose one could try to do international express mail??

I have heard of people taking eggs on board with them and being successfully hatched...I believe it was a Canada to US thing...I suppose one could try to do international express mail??

Hmmm...I think it comes under the heading of "smuggling"
hmm.png
At least from other countries to U.S. because of the bird flu scare, I believe---all eggs or birds must go through quarantine, lots of paperwork/red tape.

hmm.png
At least from other countries to U.S. because of the bird flu scare, I believe---all eggs or birds must go through quarantine, lots of paperwork/red tape.

Yup...one would have to do the necessary paperwork...there are some some diseases that are vertically transmitted via egg...perhaps one way out of the US would not be as tenuous??

hmm.png

I don't believe that avian influenza could be past on thru embryos it has to have a live host. Flu viruses only have life spans of hours for something to come into contact with. They rely on chain reaction of sorts to be able to thrive.

If it wasn't for eggs being "smuggled" so to say, we would not have this influx of GNH here now. Story has it that one person brought 24 eggs from Germany over here in a briefcase/carry-on baggage is how they arrived.

Jeff

I don't believe that avian influenza could be past on thru embryos it has to have a live host. Flu viruses only have life spans of hours for something to come into contact with. They rely on chain reaction of sorts to be able to thrive.

If it wasn't for eggs being "smuggled" so to say, we would not have this influx of GNH here now. Story has it that one person brought 24 eggs from Germany over here in a briefcase/carry-on baggage is how they arrived.

Jeff

I don't believe common sense or science has anything to do with what regulations the government decides to put into place. Hey, I say if someone wants to take a chance, go for it
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom