Getting a turkey....

you can't get just one. They are too much fun. LOL
ya.gif

They are flock animals. Ya gotta have more than one. Actualyl I only have one, but that was not my choice, 2 of his buddies died and one of his "buddies" never hatched
tongue.png

They like to roost high... My hens fly up into rafters of their barn each night and since the toms got heavy they started roosting lower.
It is not good for them to roost on the ground at night.....

I have a Hoop coop, made from two cattle panels and tarps (inside the run). they roost on a "saw horse" inside and the hen lays in a box on the ground. The whole front of the shelter is open. We don't have real cold temperatures here, but I have read several that say theirs sleep outside even in the cold. But they do have to have a roost and prefer a 4x4. 2x4 is too small.

I built a 4x4 coop with approx 10 x 8ft run. they seem to like it...but they love it when i let them out to graze. I am afraid the 4x4 pen may be too small, thinking about an add on. I read somewhere they like 5 square feet...if that is the case them i am alright with 16 square feet.

I am sure some one here has a better answer for you, as these are my first go at the turkeys

Back
Top Bottom