Getting chicks at TSC Chick Days this month

Well... we have both a tsc and a feed store. Quite a few around. Prices, they are cheaper at the feed stores around here. They are running almost $2 a chick at the tsc.

We only get our feed at the local feed store. They don't sell the other supplies like the feeders, waterers, etc. , but the chick starter, layer, finisher, chick grit, and scratch we get at our feed store. We actually have all of our feed specially mixed to what we want in it. I actually prefer that over straight feed, and we can also make our feed costs go down, by changing the form of protein in the feed. (This is the major reason I like my hometown feed mill!)

Last edited:
TSC around here has cheaper priced feed and supplies than feed-store usually. And I dont care paying a little extra for chicks...I like supporting the local TSC. They are great people and great service!
And no chick days arent an exact day but usally acouple weeks.
smile.png

I may see if my feed store is going to get any in again....they had them last week...they sold out Friday and we were given our other chickens Sat. night and built coop Sun. Prior to Sat I was told we weren't building a coop until the barn was done and that I couldn't have chickens until then! The feed store still has the chick troughs out...maybe!

I checked with the three closest TSC...none of them are getting chicks. Good thing my order from Meyer's is coming in 2 weeks.

Local Agways are getting chicks but not until Mid April! Who can wait that long?

OKAY...so I'm at work and TSC is just down the street. Off to lunch I go and just for the heck of it stop at TSC. Well I have 6 chicks sitting in a box with my desk lamp keeping them warm as I type this. Yes Chick Days at TSC is alive and well here
D.gif
I'll post pics and more info later tonight. Beware of TSC chick lovers
th.gif

I was at TSC yesterday and had to try really hard not to take some home. I think it is alittle too early in Michigan since it isn't really warm by the time they would be ready to go outside. But they are soooo cute. And I love how they have more variety this year and pullets.

i went to tsc yesterday---all excited. had called M,T, W to see if the chicks were in yet, but they weren't. waited till sat. and when i got there at noon there were 3 empty bins!!!!They were all sold! they will recieve more each wk. throughout "chick days", but i work during the week and can't get there until Sat., DANG IT!!!!!
The sign on the bins read:
red pullets
mixed pullets
straight run EE:barnie

I stopped by four different TSC’s in our area. I thought they’d all have the same assortment of chicks, but they were all different.

Store 1 had RIR pullets, EE pullets, Cornish X pullets, and Leghorn straight run.
Store 2 had RIR pullets, EE pullets, and Black Australorp pullets.
Store 3 had Golden Comet pullets, Cornish X pullets and assorted straight run Bantams.
Store 4 had Golden Comet pullets, RIR pullets and assorted straight run Bantams.

Prices were around $2.49/each.
And they all had a 6-chick minimum.

Our tractor supply located in Nicholasville, KY had a bin of golden comet pullets, white leghorn pullets, a bin of mallard type ducks, a bin of straight run cornish crosses and a bin of mixed bantams, straight run. They are getting chicks every Monday morning and each shipment will be different. I am guessing it will be some type of red egg layer, duck, cornish, and bantams and a white egg layer each shipment according to the box and wall chart. They get 200 at a time.

You have to buy six here in KY.

Best of luck, HenZ

Back
Top Bottom