Getting married but my feet are on fire

Ninjasquirrel

Free Ranging
5 Years
May 11, 2018
Northwest Indiana
Ive heard the expression of "getting cold feet" as your wedding approaches but as it stands my feet are on fire. I just want to get it over with so I can be done with the stupid questions of "are you excited?!" And "we cant wait, can you?" The answer is: no. I cant wait. I'm sick of waiting. Ive been engaged since august and had the wedding planned completely by december. We're gpimg to apply for our marriage license this week and I'm actually tempted to just have the judge marry us that day. Luckily its by appointment only and the circuit court is completely backed up so I cant ruin my dream wedding with my own impatience. I just keep having the things that can go wrong nightmares and I'm so sick of talking about wedding stuff. I just want to get on with our lives together and be DONE. Is that selfish or is this feeling normal?

Completely normal. I asked my now husband if we could just elope, but he said our families would be really disappointed. I went through with it and everything was fine, things are never perfect but everything worked out.

Completely normal. I asked my now husband if we could just elope, but he said our families would be really disappointed. I went through with it and everything was fine, things are never perfect but everything worked out.
His family are the only ones that havent RSVPed. Only his parents have. My family is all coming except for one cousin. The only person I think would be disappointed would be my father. His parents actually suggested we elope

I got married at the courthouse when I picked up the license, long before the actual wedding - my family and his were both supportive of that. It was nice having a half day with just me, hubby, maid of honor and best man (both came with to court) and we had lunch on the beach afterwards.

It took a bit of the stress off from the formal ceremony, because then I could treat that more like a stage production where we just wanted everyone to have a good time while dressing up and eating and taking photos.

I got married at the courthouse when I picked up the license, long before the actual wedding - my family and his were both supportive of that. It was nice having a half day with just me, hubby, maid of honor and best man (both came with to court) and we had lunch on the beach afterwards.

It took a bit of the stress off from the formal ceremony, because then I could treat that more like a stage production where we just wanted everyone to have a good time while dressing up and eating and taking photos.
At this point thats what the wedding feels like to me. An elaborate play instead of a banquet. I know I'll feel better when the day is finally here but right now the waiting is just killing me.

My impression is that nowadays with all the instagramming and f*cebooking etc. the overall expectations regarding wedding receptions/ceremonies spiral out of limits and control, as if this rather private matter would have to be presented and staged like a movie or theatre/opera scenery, demanding everything should be "perfect". Whatever "perfection" might be in this context.
People even get entrapped into debt just for presentations' sake!

No wonder nowadays brides feel overwhelmed and already get exhausted beforehand.

Don't let this hunt for so-called perfection ruin your special day, as the really important part is to tie the knot with your beloved one.

Everything else is just artificially bloated fuss, eagerly promoted by the bridal industry.

My impression is that nowadays with all the instagramming and f*cebooking etc. the overall expectations regarding wedding receptions/ceremonies spiral out of limits and control, as if this rather private matter would have to be presented and staged like a movie or theatre/opera scenery, demanding everything should be "perfect". Whatever "perfection" might be in this context.
People even get entrapped into debt just for presentations' sake!

No wonder nowadays brides feel overwhelmed and already get exhausted beforehand.

Don't let this hunt for so-called perfection ruin your special day, as the really important part is to tie the knot with your beloved one.

Everything else is just artificially bloated fuss, eagerly promoted by the bridal industry.
Ive done everything on the cheap purposefully. Its so easy to find wedding stuff at garage sales and goodwill because its only used once. The most expensive thing was my dress especially since they had to take it in a lot. I just want everybody to have a good time. I dont need it to be perfect; I just want the stuff I paid good money for to be good quality. When you spend that much money on something it should be up to a certain expectation

Ive done everything on the cheap purposefully. Its so easy to find wedding stuff at garage sales and goodwill because its only used once. The most expensive thing was my dress especially since they had to take it in a lot. I just want everybody to have a good time. I dont need it to be perfect; I just want the stuff I paid good money for to be good quality. When you spend that much money on something it should be up to a certain expectation
And everybody will have a good time seeing you relaxed and happy, as this is what really is important.

I hope you will have a wonderful time and enjoy your special day!

Back
Top Bottom