Getting testing done next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may notice that not all state even require that chicks must come from a NPIP certified flock.
Screen Shot 2017-10-12 at 6.37.29 PM.png

In Alberta, you don't need your chickens tested to sell eggs at the farmers market. They MUST be tested, though, if the eggs are being consumed by anyone outside of the buyer's "friends".

I wonder why Texas needs chickens tested? :)

In Alberta, you don't need your chickens tested to sell eggs at the farmers market. They MUST be tested, though, if the eggs are being consumed by anyone outside of the buyer's "friends".

Most states in the USA have some form of testing they require for certain things.
It's silly down here.

I'm thinking bc its an Ag state big on keeping the farming industry under lock and key. And a clean record. We have a boatload of horses too and I'd hate to see the rules applying to selling those. Even tho I hope nobody eats them or uses them for meat lol.

The form 9-3 they talk about is a for only an NPIP approved facility can issue.

The main thing other thing the states will ask for is AI testing.

The catch 22 is the USDA requires a 9-3 and NPIP for interstate shipments of poultry even if the state like Wy does not.

Hey, do you know ON rules? And how does one go about getting their chickens tested up here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom