GHAAAA! Are there ANY mouse traps that actually KILL the poor mouse?

redhen

Kiss My Grits...
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
May 19, 2008
Western MA
Again... GAHHHHH! I saw a mouse the other night in our basement ceiling...
So.. Of course we have to kill them.. cant have mice in house bringing in disese and such...
Soo.. we went to the store to buy mouse traps..
Walmart was out of everything...
So.. all we could find was these cheap butt plastic snap traps .."Victor Quick Set Mouse Traps"
I TOLD hubby that they wouldnt kill the mouse dead on impact.(even though they are SUPPOSED TO..)... i didnt want to use them...Because i DONT want a mouse to suffer. I want it dead ..SNAP.. instant! So the mouse wont suffer in a trap all night long..
Anyways... we set them cause thats all they had...
Well..we hear one go off and then scurring around... So i KNEW that the poor thing was just caught and hurting.. not dead.
So we got a towel and reached up and pulled him down...
Poor little thing had his front leg caught in it.. his eyes were all big...
hit.gif

I was crying...
So hubby has no clue what to do.. (hes good like that..
roll.png
..)
I tell him to hurry up and get his hammer..(thats all i could think of..cause i knew a whack to the head would kill him instant..)
I couldnt release him with a broken leg... plus the whole point of the traps was to kill them... *sigh*
So.. we took him outside and did it... he didnt feel a thing..
So..anyways... my point of this crazy thread?

WHAT KIND OF MOUSE TRAP KILLS THE MOUSE INSTANTLY??? Thats what i NEED to use in my house... cause i cant stand the thought of them suffering...
I know, i'm a big whimp... cant help it.
What kind of traps do you guys use?
th.gif

Heres the cheapo trap i'm talking about... i dont recommend them at all.
smack.gif

http://www.victorpest.com/store/rodent-control/M130

Last edited:
How about the Tomcat ones? They have poison and yes, they seem to kill them before they even finish a bite............
Or, those electronic doohikeys that szap them?

I'll have to try to look those ones up...
I dont want the poison ones..Just cause i have cats that do get the mice sometimes.... so..just to be safe i wont use it.
But i'll check out the zapper ones... thanks!

Last edited:
I was gonna say you should get a cat.. But some tend to torture and play with the lil critters before they kill it. Or they could be like mine and bring it to you to show off.
I have a Jack Russell and he is a great little rat dog. If there is a mouse or rat he's on it no matter how out of reach it is quick smart, and then two snaps and its dead dead. No suffering. Hes great, and thats what the breed is meant to do.

Quote:
Don't your cats like mice?

LOL..yeah...i have 7 of them too! But.. the mice are getting smart and staying in the ceiling where my cats cant get to them..
Then... when they DO get them.. its more drama.. cause i cant let my cats torment them.. if they just KILLED them..it'd be different....but nooo they have to rip their limbs off them while their still alive and stuff... Gahhhh!
So then i have to chase the cat down and grab the mouse from him... (yes, i know..i'm sick in the head or something..
gig.gif
..)
What i'll do is.. i 'll let the cat catch the mouse.(cause i cant catch the mice myself.. trust me i've tried..
lol.png
..)....i'll follow him around when hes trying to catch it.. then as soon as he grabs it..i grab the cat and take the mouse away from him... muhahahahha
I'm a mean cat momma..
tongue.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Wish my Saint Bernards would go after mice... the big doofs.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom