Giant Silkie Project.

Does This Sound Like A Good Idea Silkie Lovers?

• Total voters
If you breed Malays with brahma correctly could you obtain, a perfect looking brahma, like wide, strong,and fulled, but just get the height of the Malays ?
Brahmas already have Malay blood, so breeding back to a base breed will probably make them more Malay like.
So, it would probably work to make Brahmas, Malay sized by breeding the Malay X Brahma F1s together, & back crossing to Brahma, then only selecting the largest offspring from the back crossing. Not a hard process.

Your project inspired me, so i will start my own little project.
I will breed Brahma x Easter Egger, to get a bearded , high tail brahma.
The project is not as ambitious or as time consuming as yours, cause i've had some brahma x easter eggers, and i think F1 x F1 would give me what im looking for.

I have been looking for this thread for a while. Excited to see what comes up with your next attempt at the project. Is it going to be the same goal? Making giant silkies? Are you considering using a different breed rather than brahmas? I would personally probably use Jersey Giants as they do get broody, are massive, have similar color varieties, are very sweet, and love to free range. The downside is that they take about a year to get to full size. So excited to see some giant silkies!

Your project inspired me, so i will start my own little project.
I will breed Brahma x Easter Egger, to get a bearded , high tail brahma.
The project is not as ambitious or as time consuming as yours, cause i've had some brahma x easter eggers, and i think F1 x F1 would give me what im looking for.
I've gotten some beastly birds from that crossing.
20201126_121046.jpg
20200824_130417.jpg
20200824_130442.jpg

Do you have any goals for colored eggs?

I have been looking for this thread for a while. Excited to see what comes up with your next attempt at the project. Is it going to be the same goal? Making giant silkies? Are you considering using a different breed rather than brahmas? I would personally probably use Jersey Giants as they do get broody, are massive, have similar color varieties, are very sweet, and love to free range. The downside is that they take about a year to get to full size. So excited to see some giant silkies!
Same goal Giant Silkies.

The main birds in the mix is gonna be Silkies, Brahmas, & Malays.

I'm skipping Jersey Giants due to they're slow to fill out with meat.

Back
Top Bottom