goats made me madd

wynedot55

Songster
12 Years
Mar 28, 2007
well the goats finally made me madd bigtime.all 3 got out of their pen.an they hauled booty for 1/4 a mile.finally found them.an chased them though a pasture up to a house.an ran them in an old mans garage.an finally caught them.an brought emm home an put them in a dog kennal.so now its time to decide if i keep them or take them back where i bought them.

i was going to laugh but since you said you're really mad i won't. i have a jumper so we just keep building up. just figure out where/how they got out and secure the area. or go electric. zap!

I guess I am lucky with my 2 pygmy goats. Both were bottle babies and have always free ranged. Neither leave our 6 acres even though they can. I guess they know they have it good : )

Ha! I am sorry you had a fiasco catching them. If my goats get out they come knock, knock, knocking on the door to come in the house, and eat all the flowers on my patio in the meantime. Or, venture to the front porch and jump on the table and rock in the rocking chairs. I don't know which is worse, lol.

I have a very hot electric fence with strands about 6-8 inches apart. Of course, they are only about 3 months old now, so hopefully more trouble won't start when they grow up.

I do understand how aggravating they can be!

Quote:
LOL That is a great image and exactly what our 3 dwarf nigerians do. They are so bonded to us they follow us around. On the rare occasion they go off a bit, I just put a few of their pellets in a container and shake it and they come charging.

I read that goats escape when they are alone or hungry. We saw that when we got our first little guy. He was miserable alone the first night. He escaped like 5 times in the first evening. I went back to the breeder in the morning and came home with 2 more. Now they never escape.

We have mostly electric for them, which after the first terrible time they learn what it is, is very very effective. Reasonably inexpensive and easy to put up to.

Don't be mad at the little things. They are just doing what comes naturally.
smile.png

I think they get out for more reasons then just being hungry or along, I think they get out just to get out. None of my goats would go anywhere when they get out, I have a jumper now, a bottle baby who'd rather be outside with the dogs, or more preferably inside with me and the dogs.

Once goats are bonded to a place and people they aren't so prone to leave, but if I'm not mistaken these are new goats.

I hope you get things worked out and get to keep your goats! Good luck!

Last edited:
im not going to let them beat me because i like having them.what made me madd was that all 3 of them got out an took off.me an a boy i hired worked on 3 parts of the fence today.putting up 12 gauge wire.im still not to happy tho.going to go get some chains next week.an chain them to the fence an let them eat on the chain.i just hate to loose $150.i was boiling madd.

Please don't chain them. Fix your fences. Put up a good electric fence of 3 strands. When they get on it and it jolts thems 2 or 3 times they will start to stay about 6 inches away from the fences. They just need to learn your bounderies.

Back
Top Bottom