Going to buy chickens soon what breed?

Phanata

Songster
Jul 3, 2020
Hello! So me and my Father are going to buy about 5-4 chickens! soon We already have a plan to keep any predators out and all that sorta stuff but I was just wondering what breed of Chicken I should get! Because am aware some breeds might be more tame then others so I’d appreciate recommendations! Thank you!

Some things to consider are climate and how much space you have. Some breeds will be better with heat or cold temperatures. Some do well in a coop setting and others do best when they can free range and forage.

Well for that we are going to make in accordance with the bird itself so nothing worry about there, The climate is VERY hot but we are going to have basically a greenhouse??? I guess? to control the temperature

What Agnes says plus what are your goals and purpose for owning chickens. What are your likes and dislikes? Are lots of eggs necessary? Do you like a colorful egg basket? Do you have tons of bugs that need to be controled? Predators?

The reason we want chickens is that a tame friend to keep you company would be nice :) we don't really care about the eggs much it's just a nice bonus

for something I dislike...
a bird that's skittish and doesn't want anything to do with me expect to get treats
honestly just want a few bird friends

i think you get the picture

Back
Top Bottom