Going To Order, Anyone Want Anything? FREE CHICKS

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by countyroad1330, Nov 5, 2007.

1. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    I'm in Oklahoma!

I'm going to order some chicks from Ideal. I am only ordering 4-6, but they have to add extra chicks for warmth. If anyone is interested in ordering some, or taking the extra chicks, please let me know! The extra chicks are free of charge to me, so they would be free of charge to you!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2007
  2. llxll00llxll

llxll00llxll Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2007
    ::So Cal::
    what kinda chicks? [​IMG]

3. Kentucky~Momma

Kentucky~Momma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2007
    South Central Kentucky
    That would be awesome! Let me know what you would be ordering!

4. chickengirlnm

chickengirlnm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    clovis, new mexico
    are you going to be shipping them? if so i would love to have a chick or two ( not worried about what breed they are )

Julie

5. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

I WILL I WILL I am just east of Okc.......just got an extra pen for chickies......... let me know when ! Thanks for the offer [​IMG]

6. SloCrevs

SloCrevs Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    Central Coast, CA
    Do you know what kind you will be getting? I might be interested if they are bantams, I'm looking for some chicks to raise for showmanship birds as a 4H project(I've got a new 4H group this year, I've already got 8 kids in the poultry project!). So if they are bantams, give me a heads up if you will ship! I could take 5 or 6.

7. countyroad1330

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    Ideal has very few breeds that they are still shipping, and they are all Standard. The reason there are extra chicks is for warmth; I will only be able to do local pick-up, sorry everyone [​IMG]

Local as in Oklahoma. Okiechick, I probably live about an hour away from you, so that would be great!

I am ordering Barred Rocks and Buff Orpingtons. I e-mailed them to ask what the extras are, and she said they try to put in a different breed from what I've purchased so I can tell them apart.

I am not entirely sure I am going to order, but if I do I will let you know!

8. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    That's what they did with one of my orders; I had Cochins and D'Uccles and a BO rooster, and they put in 10 RIR roosters [​IMG]

9. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:OH BOY OH BOY Do let me know....... someday I want some buff's too....... i need more eggs! My australorps have quit laying all together so it seems.....

10. countyroad1330

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    Okiechick - I've heard alot of people saying that their hens have quit laying this past week or two. Or are yours older...?

Cara - Were all of the extras roos??

I am pretty skeptical about ordering this late in the year now, especially if all the extras are roos. I doubt Okie wants a bunch of roos *ha* Tonight is our first cold night here, so now I'm all worried about the chickies I've already got [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by