Going to try and hatch grocery store chicken eggs!

I just saw a couple YouTube videos where a guy made an incubator and hatched store bought chicken and duck eggs, but the chicken eggs were sold as fertilized eggs. I think he was in Korea. I'm not sure if I've ever seen eggs sold here (USA) as such, which is a shame! Lol Good luck!
Yeah I know!!! I haven’t seen them in the states either. Kinda sucks lol but thank you so much! We shall see 😁

Good luck. But organic hens often don’t have a rooster to fertilise the eggs.

Can you buy Demeter eggs in Denmark as well? They sell them here in the organic shop.

If this doesn’t work out well, you could try Demeter eggs next time. Demeter or anthroposophical chickens always have roosters in the flock. There is a prescription of two roosters on 100 chickens.
I don’t think they have them here. Ive never heard of it atleast but I’ll do some research! Thank you 😊😊

I’ve tried both yellow and blue Happy Egg cartons with no luck. The blue carton I checked for fertility first since my hens needed a good meal of scrambled eggs lol. I was so disappointed in the quality for the $8/dz! Super dark yolks, but almost every egg had meat spots, blood, etc and it was definitely not from a developed chick. I never would have eaten them 🤢
Ooooh! Yuck 😖😖😖. I hope you have luck someday! It would be mind blowing if this works.

I don’t think they have them here. Ive never heard of it atleast but I’ll do some research! Thank you 😊😊
I think there is an entire thread here that is dedicated (mainly) to incubating fertilized eggs from Trader Joe's. I think they turned out to be White Leghorns.

We don't have a TJ's here, and I don't particularly want Leghorns, but it was very interesting.

I think there is an entire thread here that is dedicated (mainly) to incubating fertilized eggs from Trader Joe's. I think they turned out to be White Leghorns.

We don't have a TJ's here, and I don't particularly want Leghorns, but it was very interesting.
I did see that! Very interesting. I always heard about that! I’ll check Trader Joe’s when I return home to the states.

I’ve tried both yellow and blue Happy Egg cartons with no luck. The blue carton I checked for fertility first since my hens needed a good meal of scrambled eggs lol. I was so disappointed in the quality for the $8/dz! Super dark yolks, but almost every egg had meat spots, blood, etc and it was definitely not from a developed chick. I never would have eaten them 🤢
That is disappointing. I found the blue carton at my local store, and I am debating trying to hatch some.

Back
Top Bottom