Gonna take the plunge again

AmericanMom

Songster
6 Years
Aug 10, 2013
Oregon
Some might remember me, I hatched out 3 Embden geese about two years ago, at the time I was trying to hatch and raise Bourbon Red Turkeys and the Goose eggs were a bonus thrown in for free...
Although I absolutely loved the geese we were trying to focus our small farm on the animals that would pay for themselves and I had big plans for the Turkeys, well two years later, I hatched and raised and hatched more turkeys and sold all that I wanted to sell and are preparing to eat a few others. We decided the turkeys were way more trouble then they were worth, fragile creatures so we decided to go back to the small self sustaining farm we wanted. Geese are now back in the picture, these two I picked up today, a breeding pair.. I know enough to know that one (the male) is a tufted roman (possible mix with Embden) but the other the women said was an Embden and I know it isn't as that what I raised, I know its a Chinese goose, I'm thinking Swan Chinese?? Thoughts??

White Chinese and the other could be Tuffed Roman both beautiful. Congrats on your new additions.

I'm so excited! We have spent the last two years wishing we hadn't given away the three we raised, The turkeys were profitable but not as friendly nor fun.
big_smile.png
Looking forward to the eggs this one lays, I plan on snagging a few to incubate. The lady I got these from had the 6 nearly grown goslings she allowed the female to raise, they were beautiful!

In my research I had thought she was a white Chinese.. where the lady got Embden is beyond me lol

I'm so excited! We have spent the last two years wishing we hadn't given away the three we raised, The turkeys were profitable but not as friendly nor fun.
big_smile.png
Looking forward to the eggs this one lays, I plan on snagging a few to incubate. The lady I got these from had the 6 nearly grown goslings she allowed the female to raise, they were beautiful!

In my research I had thought she was a white Chinese.. where the lady got Embden is beyond me lol
I don't know how she got Embden either the gander in my avatar is Embden but no matter that is a beautiful goose and so is the gander. You'll enjoy the eggs goslings and the fun these geese bring your way never a dull moment that is for sure.. lol

I can see where the smallest goose could be mistaken for a large duck some Pekins I have seen on BYC are huge.
I would have been worried had I not known the gal I got them from and not known they are a mated pair that has produced beautiful Goslings :)

Back
Top Bottom