Good book?

modoc- i cried, its a great book , and its not so much about elephants as it is about the bond between the boy and the animal

what if god were the sun - an interesting look at how some would like to believe it is to die.

janet evanovich books are very funny, crazy

Quote:
My aunt quoted me part of this book, but I haven't read it yet. She says I inherited the barnyard gene
roll.png

Water for Elephants
The Thirteeth Tale
Chicken Dance

All were good books but I can't remember the author's names right now....

Last edited:
Wow, what a great list of books everyone!! With baseball season over and winter coming on (darkness at 3:30-4 PM), I'll enjoy all your suggestions.

Hey PC, I'll definitely dig out the Hillary Clinton biography.
gig.gif

Michele.

Quote:
All of his books are good, and since they are short stories it is easy to put down and pick up again w/o trying to remember what was happening. (I sometimes have trouble remembering wat I last read if I was getting sleepy at the time.)

I just ordered a book that I heard about on the Mother Earth News forum. The person who mentioned it gave it a great review. It's about a couple who get married and move to a farm and end up over run with fowl! The title is Enslaved By Ducks and the Author's last name is Tarte but I can;t remember the first name. He wrote a 2nd book called Fowl Weather.
I'll report in after I actually get to read it.
smile.png

As a book addict, I have to make sure you know about two resources for books. I subscribe to PaperSpine.com - for a monthly fee, I get books to read and then return - think Netflix for books. The other one is PaperbackSwap.com - you list the books you have, mail them when requested and then request books from others, for only the price of mailing them.

If ya like fantasy try reading

Eragon by Christopher Paolini He wrote this book when he was like 15 years old and they even made a movie out of it (like the Harry Potter books they didn't do the book justice).

His second book in the series is Eldest which was just as good.

His third book in the series comes out this month. In fact it will be out Sept 20th and is Called Brisingr and I can not wait am reading the first 2 over again asa the detail is unreal (well 1/2 way thru the 1st and got the 2nd lined up). I am so happy they timed that book to come out while I recover from my surgery. Got to love it when they plan so well LOL.

As a 6th grade teacher I am have read and enjoyed these books:

The City of Ember
The Grimm Sisters
Lightening Thief
and
The Power of Un

As a fantasy crime drama person,
give me any of the Death Series by JD Robb (don't even mention that she is a romace writer)
I also read the Sherrif JoAnne Brady series,
Sigh - there are so many books to read...LOL these are just a few - because there is the Kellerman books with Rina and her hubby and the paralyzed detective and .... well there are just so many and keeping titles and authors in my head is not happening ...

Back
Top Bottom