good idea. or no? piercing question...

Quote:
i want both
big_smile.png

Quote:
I say: " Go for it ". I'm just a crazy old coot and I have a piercing. When my son was a teenager, he wanted an ear pierced, the wife said no so when we were all at the Mall, me and the son went off on our own to the piercing kiosk and both of us got our left ear pierced, (me first). I still have a gold hoop in my ear many years later-----I took a lot of gruff for it----but so what. (you should of seen the look on the Missus when we both showed back up with earrings.)

Ohhhh that so would not have flown here, by either of us. Not the actual piercing, but letting/encouraging a child to go against what the other parent said.

To the OP, please don't get the tattoo until you are positive what you want. I've wanted one for about three years and I know exactly what I want (five small stars, one in each of my children's birth stones), but I don't know WHERE I want them, yet. I'd kind of like them on the back of my wrist, but since I am not positive, yet, I am waiting.

Quote:
I say: " Go for it ". I'm just a crazy old coot and I have a piercing. When my son was a teenager, he wanted an ear pierced, the wife said no so when we were all at the Mall, me and the son went off on our own to the piercing kiosk and both of us got our left ear pierced, (me first). I still have a gold hoop in my ear many years later-----I took a lot of gruff for it----but so what. (you should of seen the look on the Missus when we both showed back up with earrings.)

Ohhhh that so would not have flown here, by either of us. Not the actual piercing, but letting/encouraging a child to go against what the other parent said.

To the OP, please don't get the tattoo until you are positive what you want. I've wanted one for about three years and I know exactly what I want (five small stars, one in each of my children's birth stones), but I don't know WHERE I want them, yet. I'd kind of like them on the back of my wrist, but since I am not positive, yet, I am waiting.

i've been dreaming about having a tat since i was little..dont ask why. idk y.
i have known what i want for a longgg time
and owwy..teh going against the other parent thingy would not fly here either
hide.gif

Since you wanted to work with dead people as in your previous post, the employer probably would frown at tats and piercings. I had a friend that went the same direction and she could not get any jobs at the funeral homes. So she "downsized" her earrings and posts, she got a job working with elderly people at a nursing home and now studying to be a LN. She had to cover up her arms to hide the tats and she said it was HOT at times and can not roll her sleeves up due to the workplace's rules.

I would not advise getting all that done at once. I agree the posts getting caught on stuff and infection as well.

Last edited:
What Ewesheep said.
I am all for personal decoration, but you need to be really clever about how and where you do it. Keep in mind what you want to do down the road and plan your tats and piercings accordingly. Right or wrong, tattoos and body piercings present an image to employers. Many jobs will turn you down for that alone or will require that they be removed or covered. Don't screw your chances of getting the job you want by putting a non-removeable tattoo in a very conspicuous place. Unfairly enough, tattoos on women carry an even greater stigma in our society and in the job market. Get one if you like, but put it someplace that is easy to cover.

Good luck and be safe!

Back
Top Bottom