Good Incubator for beginners?

Yep, but you'll get a better deal if you order directly from Incubator Warehouse. Been using mine for almost 2 years straight now. Very easy to use, completely programmable, easy to clean, absolutely rock solid at holding temp, and very easy to switch out a part if something does break. Customer service is outstanding as well. I honestly can not figure out why people insist on spending many hundreds of dollars more on a brinsea, when they could have the Incuview instead.

Ordered one of these recently and like them. 20 of 24 coturnix eggs hatched. Basically just as 'hands off' as my Brinsea Mini Advance with much higher egg capacity for around the same price. My only complaint is the fan noise - it's loud compared to the Brinsea, but if you hatch in out of the way locations this isn't a problem.

I purchased a Hovabator 1588 genesis recently and love it. The only thing is that you must use an additional hygrometer to look after humidity levels as the one that comes with the unit is in the lid and was consistently 10% off probably because it is not down at egg level. Maybe the location doesnt make a difference because it is a forced air bator but I liked having my tried and trusted hygrometer in there to tell me exactly what was going on. Temp. is great, the turner is awesome and I got mine from Incubator Warehouse on Ebay, $20 approx. cheaper than direct or on amazon.

I'm a retired Electronics Tech so I like to fool round with dirt cheap incubators. I have a few of the E-Bay Chinese 48 egg yellow top models. The new ones come with Styrofoam around them in the box. I keep them in the Styrofoam to stabilize the temperature better. They tilt the eggs every 2 hrs. automatically. They monitor the humidity but do not control it for you. The older model ones are heated by a small strip heater about 1 inch wide and 5 inches long mounted on an aluminum plate and the fan blows air toward it. They are rated at 80W. Be sure to get the 120V models if you get one. The later models have a 80W wire loop heater and the latest model has a 160W loop heater. The 160W model is the best. Price is about the same for any of the three models I mentioned and can be bought for under $75 free shipping from China or sometimes from their warehouses in California. They can be bought with an extra center tray making them a 56 egg model. The 56 egg model has a forked turner motor bracket that allows the center tray to be installed otherwise they are the same. I just finished experimenting with 14 Guinea eggs in one and 12 of them hatched on the 28th day. I took the egg tray out at day 25, lowered the temp to 99 Degrees and put a lot of water in the bottom to get the humidity up around 75%. I'm in the process of building a see thru 1/2 inch thick plexiglass incubator that will hold one 48 egg auto tilting tray with electronic temperature and humidity control. Set it and forget it model that will cost me under $50 because I already had the plexiglass.

Last edited:
I also order from Incubator Warehouse. I like the Hovabator Genesis 1588. It's easy peasy, as long as you monitor your temp with an accurate thermometer. Honestly, I'd do that regardless of make/model. Brinsea makes a wonderful digital thermometer. I also use an extra hygrometer. Having a backup thermometer and hygrometer is vital IMO.

I'm thinking about ordering a Brinsea incubator. I don't have any experience with them but I keep hearing such wonderful things.

Back
Top Bottom