Good Morning America

cassie

Free Ranging
15 Years
Mar 19, 2009
AOL posted a story that was on Good Morning America. My computer won't let me install Flash Player so I can't bring up the story. It was about a couple who wants to return the kid they adopted two years ago. Does anyone know why? There is something about his behavior that frightens them. Does anyone know what? I am curious.

"Within a year of the adoption, the Wescotts told the Tulsa World, the child was diagnosed with reactive detachment disorder, disruptive behavior disorder, major depressive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder and fetal alcohol syndrome.

The parents said the boy became violent toward other children and nonresponsive to adults, hurt and killed animals and ran away regularly, requiring help from police. "

Usually I would say that an adoptive parent shouldn't be able to give a child back, but in this case... if it's really like they say... wow... what do you do in a situation like that?

Quote:
I'd vote institution to avoid another serial killer on the run in say 10 years.

Yes Debi, I think that would be the best option here. My brother and his wife adopted 5 children, they have 3 biological daughters, and one of them is on meds for things he has tried to do to my SIL. With the meds though, he has been acting fine, thank God. I can just imagine how it must feel. Yes, these children have been through a rough start. Now my nephew is 19. I have always said, it takes someone very special to adopt children with a past such as these. God bless them.
hugs.gif

b.hromada :

Quote:
I'd vote institution to avoid another serial killer on the run in say 10 years.

Yes Debi, I think that would be the best option here. My brother and his wife adopted 5 children, they have 3 biological daughters, and one of them is on meds for things he has tried to do to my SIL. With the meds though, he has been acting fine, thank God. I can just imagine how it must feel. Yes, these children have been through a rough start. Now my nephew is 19. I have always said, it takes someone very special to adopt children with a past such as these. God bless them.
hugs.gif

I feel that ANY human being exhibiting those kinds of behaviors need to be held away from society at large. I think if people paid more attention to kids behaviors, and got them help, this world would be a less violent place. MOST parents chalk it up to being a teen or a kid or having a hard time "finding themselves".

My son Kenny had violent tendencies, and wound up almost cutting his hand off to get rid of the voices. His treatment was heavy, but is doing great now. However the meds will always be a part of his life.

Quote:
hugs.gif

I feel that ANY human being exhibiting those kinds of behaviors need to be held away from society at large. I think if people paid more attention to kids behaviors, and got them help, this world would be a less violent place. MOST parents chalk it up to being a teen or a kid or having a hard time "finding themselves".

My son Kenny had violent tendencies, and wound up almost cutting his hand off to get rid of the voices. His treatment was heavy, but is doing great now. However the meds will always be a part of his life.

Yes it will. But, if it is helping them, by all means, right!? Just knowing I have depression, I surely take my meds too. Who can stand to feel even like that?

Back
Top Bottom