GOOD MORNING BYC!!! How was your Memorial Day?

gumpsgirl

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Mar 25, 2008
Virginia
I hope everyone had a relaxing Memorial Day! We went to my sister's and celebrated two of my nephew's birthdays. They both turned one 7 days apart, so we had to have a big birthday bash, right?!?! We also sat together in the evening and thought about our soldiers. (Past, present, and future soldiers.)
smile.png

What did you do for Memorial Day? I sure do hope everyone was safe.

Last edited:
I spent the day driving back from my mom's house, and I got stuck behind not one, but TWO parades!
tongue.png
That lengthened the drive by almost another hour!

I'm exhausted! I spent most of the weekend working on animal-related projects.

I installed a low-voltage electric fence around the inside of my existing fenced back yard to keep my foster dogs from digging out. I had to crawl around behind bushes to run a lot of it.

Yesterday was spent going to Lowes for supplies to make a small preadator-proof enclosure to house the new chicks till they are big enough to integrate into the flock of existing hens.

I'm a do it yourself-er and it takes me a long time with carpentry projects. I can measure but things never work out right, so I end up eye-balling and end up with 'that's good enough' results.
hmm.png

My wife and I went to the Memorial Day Ceremony at the cemetery where my father is buried, watched the fly over, the songs (National Anthem sung properly, etc), parade, all activities, and paid our respects to all of those fallen heroes, men and women who have served our country so that we can live in a free society.

Last edited:
I went sales shopping, cancelled a date, and then placed a duckling order with Ideal.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
It was beautiful in west Michigan! The kids and I played outside and then hubby fixed BBQ chicken for dinner. We were going to go to a parade, but with gas this year we decided the 20 minute drive was too far. I thought about our soldieirs, past and present, and am so proud of them and our country! God Bless America!

I forgot that corn on the cob doesn't agree with me. Ok, I didn't forget, I just thought the delicious treat yesterday was worth the punishment today.

It was.

I thought (again) what a sad holiday Memorial Day is, and silently Thanked all those who have died for our freedom.

I was exhausted from helping the neighbors get their new large coop set up for egg layers, we moved the Buff Orps and Easter eggers (feathered chicks) along w/the two "red" chicks who have regained use of their big feet and now stronger legs in, too.

I shoveled a dumptruck load of sand and created a pond for the geese, moved all my 12'x8' chain link fence panels and made the new barn coop and run, got the RIR hens in the large enclosure, (shoveled Fri & Sat till 3am, got up again and hit it at 9am) and prepared the small coop to move it to my yard but was too tired by then to do so.

Thought I'd sit and spin up my alpaca wool but fell asleep once I sat on the couch by 7pm, went to bed at 8pm!!! These long weekends about do me in;)

Back
Top Bottom