Good speech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Newt was the start of the politics of 'hate and fear." Bred, born, and raised a conservative Republican (although I have always voted based on candidates and issues) , when Newt and his ilk hit the scene, I became a registered Democrat.
old.gif

Tax rich people, scare the old people, blame Bush, he didn't say anything new did he?

Quote:
Taxing the rich is not going to help at all! It creates more issues. What needs to be done is CUT the SPENDING on ALL unnecessary things.

I am pretty certain you don't understand what is going on. If I am wrong, sorry, but can you please be less vague in your comments. How will it "create more issues" and why are you quoting Michelle Bachmann? She and Sarah are the queens of the tea party. They want to run a theology. Neither of them have any credibility. Their whole purpose is to attack Obama. If his administration figured out a cure for paralysis she would have a statement prepared about taking jobs away from those good hard working wheel chair factories. You can't just hate Obama because you are a conservative, it's not a valid reason.

Going back "forever" the root of the problem is that we allow Congressmen and Senators to make a career out of politics. Look at the number who have held terms over and over again, for a lifetime. Ever wonder why that is and a President can only serve 2 consecutive terms??!!

As a result, these people gain "power". As a result of not wanting to lose this "power", they make decisions based upon WHAT WILL GET THEM RE-ELECTED, most of which become entitlements to some group. Over time, they gave away the farm and there is simply nothing left to give. Our government, not unlike our personal households, cannot operate on borrowed money

I believe that our representatives need to FIRST establish term limits before we will every see a permanent glimmer of hope to the situation we are in. REGARDLESS OF PARTY AFFILIATION....there is blame to be shared on all sides

Yard full o' rocks :

Going back "forever" the root of the problem is that we allow Congressmen and Senators to make a career out of politics. Look at the number who have held terms over and over again, for a lifetime. Ever wonder why that is and a President can only serve 2 consecutive terms??!!

As a result, these people gain "power". As a result of not wanting to lose this "power", they make decisions based upon WHAT WILL GET THEM RE-ELECTED, most of which become entitlements to some group. Over time, they gave away the farm and there is simply nothing left to give. Our government, not unlike our personal households, cannot operate on borrowed money

I believe that our representatives need to FIRST establish term limits before we will every see a permanent glimmer of hope to the situation we are in. REGARDLESS OF PARTY AFFILIATION....there is blame to be shared on all sides

clap.gif

I have long been a proponent of one-term offices for ALL offices.​

Yard full o' rocks :

Well said. What will get them re elected so that they can retain their power and pad their pockets. Yard full, you write good, non politically motivated, practical common sense.​

i am a independent and i do not vote by party. i too was going to vote mccain but then he picked palin and he lost my vote. i would like us to stop being the worlds police. if we want to help someone then lets start with the homeless veterans. a good number of the homeless are veterans so lets help them out. i feel our tax dollars should be helping us first before other nations. i think some people will sit and talk about making big changes for medicare and social security but they do not always think about how the changes will effect the people who are on these programs. i think we should do some drug testing for those on welfare. when you get on welfare there are rules you have to fallow such as not breaking the law and if you want welfare you need to agree to that but yet i see people like my moms cousin who uses his disability money to buy tons of meth and all that stuff so it ruins the program for the others who actually need it. i have not always been much of a fan of the tea party but i love how they have got more people looking at what our politicians are doing.

For those who say cut all unnecessary spending, here is an interesting game.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/11/13/weekinreview/deficits-graphic.html

It's hard to decide what is necessary and what is not. The bottom line is that the middle class is carrying more of the revenue load than ever in history, while corporate taxes and taxes on the rich are the lowest in history. Corporate profits are at record highs, and productivity is very high, but wages have stagnated. The increase in profit has come from lower taxes and lower real wages for employees. The debt ceiling was raised 7 times during the Bush administration, and the budget went from black to far, far into the red. I wonder where all these debt hawks were then.

The other fact of the matter is you can't spend what you don't have. Revenues have to increase, this means more taxes. We are still paying for all the borrowing done during the last presidential tenure. Tax and spend is better than simply spending. I think that the credit card mentality that the country has is as bad for the country as the same mentality is for individuals.

mom'sfolly :

For those who say cut all unnecessary spending, here is an interesting game.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/11/13/weekinreview/deficits-graphic.html

It's hard to decide what is necessary and what is not. The bottom line is that the middle class is carrying more of the revenue load than ever in history, while corporate taxes and taxes on the rich are the lowest in history. Corporate profits are at record highs, and productivity is very high, but wages have stagnated. The increase in profit has come from lower taxes and lower real wages for employees. The debt ceiling was raised 7 times during the Bush administration, and the budget went from black to far, far into the red. I wonder where all these debt hawks were then.

The other fact of the matter is you can't spend what you don't have. Revenues have to increase, this means more taxes. We are still paying for all the borrowing done during the last presidential tenure. Tax and spend is better than simply spending. I think that the credit card mentality that the country has is as bad for the country as the same mentality is for individuals.

mom'sfolly, I have to say, your post proves that prions are in fact NOT eating your brain.
tongue.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom