Good vibes in Colorado: Now the Bungie & Uno story

wifezilla i had a dream about your three ducks, jack lana and chrissy... They were running around my house like my ducks do and they hopped in my tub and made a huge mess. lol.. I thought you might find that entertaining

Nettie, your dreams are very realistic...sounds like something they would do
big_smile.png

Shady, I have the battery charging. Uno is so scruffy it isn't funny. Bungie is starting to look really sleek.

Here are the pics...

1002728s.jpg

Bungie and Uno playing in the grass

1002739t.jpg

The only thing more pathetic looking than a teenager duck is a WET teenager duck!

1002749.jpg

It's official! Bungie is a boy
big_smile.png
We started seeing the green shimmer on the head feathers today.

1002745.jpg

Plus that one feather is looking awful "drakish" to me!

It's possible. No quacking yet, but I am hearing some of those grunty-honking noises JJ used to make.

He is such a teenaged male. He has been flapping his wings trying to challenge Jack. Jack is NOT amused...LOL

Bungie's colors are getting deeper and richer all the time. While I was not crazy about having a rouen since I am focused on egg laying breeds, he is so handsome and he is a great babysitter for Uno. I guess I'll keep him
big_smile.png

Jack & Lana went to a new home yesterday. A nice couple from Pueblo bought them. Jack showed no signs of getting along with the little ducks and Lana wasn't getting any quieter. Since they really bonded to each other, selling them as a mated pair made the most sense and it was kinder to the ducks.

I will miss the extra eggs though. I guess I will just have to buy chicken and duck eggs from some of the locals with back yard flocks. I see adds from time to time on craigslist.

Hubby put Bungie and Uno in with Chrissy in the "big duck" pen last night. Bungie and Uno were a little freaked out, but today they are ALMOST hanging together like a real flock. ALMOST
big_smile.png

Chrissy decided that since Lana is gone, she is now top duck and must make as much noise as possible. She still isn't as loud as Lana, but she spent the morning "arguing" with some crows. I honestly didn't know she could even quack that loud. What a goober!

I am cleaning out the outdoor brooder in anticipation of getting some Welsh Harlequin girls next week or so. I am splitting and order with psicorp. We are each getting 3
big_smile.png

That will leave me with one drake and 5 hens. I should have some serious egg production come fall...and one tired, happy drake
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom