Goose egg price!?!

danielley101215

Crowing
May 4, 2017
California
I May start trying to advertise my goose eggs to sell some extra eggs, I have only one female goose but she just started laying for the first time and she’s laying pretty often and I’m allergic to eggs so I really can’t eat too much. How much do you think half a dozen could for so 6 in total?

I May start trying to advertise my goose eggs to sell some extra eggs, I have only one female goose but she just started laying for the first time and she’s laying pretty often and I’m allergic to eggs so I really can’t eat too much. How much do you think half a dozen could for so 6 in total?
When I want to know price I look at ebay.

Are you allergic to waterfowl eggs? They differ from chicken eggs. Not sure how but we have a couple of customers who eat our duck eggs with no ill effects. One says it is a protein in the chicken egg that changes when cooked that causes the allergy. We use our goose eggs for baking so we do not sell them.

Are you allergic to waterfowl eggs? They differ from chicken eggs. Not sure how but we have a couple of customers who eat our duck eggs with no ill effects. One says it is a protein in the chicken egg that changes when cooked that causes the allergy. We use our goose eggs for baking so we do not sell them.
I had a blood test done on an allergy to chicken eggs and it showed I had a reaction in my blood and a moderate allergy to it and when I ate my ducks eggs one time I had an allergic reaction I had itchy mouth/ throat/ tongue and bad nausea and stomach sickness I felt like I was going to puke

That certainly makes it not worth it then! Sorry to hear that.

Conservatively speaking you could always sell them for twice the price of a dozen eggs even though they are worth much more. That would move them though.

Up until this season I was selling "blown" goose eggs at craft fairs for 5 bucks each with no problem. I sold fertile goose eggs for hatching at 20 dollars per half dozen. Never sold them for eating so I don't have a clue but they should bring more than chicken or duck eggs. I would start at around a buck each or more and see how the interest went.

That certainly makes it not worth it then! Sorry to hear that.

Conservatively speaking you could always sell them for twice the price of a dozen eggs even though they are worth much more. That would move them though.
Cause I’m going to be selling my duck eggs a dozen for around 8 bucks a dozen but I have only one female goose so I have one provider so I could maybe sell a half dozen at a time of the goose eggs but wondering if they are only half a dozen what that could be worth possibly.
And yes it’s awful! I love eggs too especially my ducks eggs and turkey eggs they are so good! Haven’t even gotten to try the goose eggs since she just started laying after finding out the allergy

Back
Top Bottom