GOOSE EGGS - how many is normal to lay

Why didn't you keep your geese sf? I remember you posting last year about them.

They where too loud and I was on thin ice as it is with my Cockerels

basically my garden is only 6 Metres by 20 Metres and my house (bedroom namely) gets very very hot so I have the window open all year round and sometimes I cough or sneeze in the middle of the night and that's was it

they where off the Ducks quacking the Geese honking and the chicken Crowing because of it

I had a few letters from the council about the noise

so I made a hard decision and got rid of the honkers and since its been ok ish only prob now is my Roosters have gotten used to Crowing as the slightest of noise so they sometimes but not always crow when I sneeze in bed

The main thing to remember is I live in a built up town and can be asked to get rid of them at anytime so I need to keep it cool and try an keep at least what I can and sacrifice a few others did keep the Ducks as they quietened down after the Geese went but only Last month my Neighbours cat Killed them he got into the Duck house and ripped their heads off leaving the lifeless bodies without the heads

I decided not to replace the Ducks as I don't want it happening again

I know it was the cat for many reasons. if a fox he would have gone for the chicken as well as I have 4 chicken coops of different breeds and they where untouched

the duck house on the other hand had a small opening at the top where the cat squeezed into and couldn't squeeze the bodies out to take as a prize where as a fox would have ravaged the bodies ate what he can an d left carnage there was no carnage or blood for that matter

Other reason why I don't think it was a fox is there are dogs that are left out at night in 3 homes around me and they are literally circling my house one at the back house one on the left and one on the right and a fox would not dare come into a Dogs territory

Maybe in the Future I will get them again as they where great Fun otherwise

They where too loud and I was on thin ice as it is with my Cockerels

basically my garden is only 6 Metres by 20 Metres and my house (bedroom namely) gets very very hot so I have the window open all year round and sometimes I cough or sneeze in the middle of the night and that's was it

they where off the Ducks quacking the Geese honking and the chicken Crowing because of it

I had a few letters from the council about the noise

so I made a hard decision and got rid of the honkers and since its been ok ish only prob now is my Roosters have gotten used to Crowing as the slightest of noise so they sometimes but not always crow when I sneeze in bed

The main thing to remember is I live in a built up town and can be asked to get rid of them at anytime so I need to keep it cool and try an keep at least what I can and sacrifice a few others did keep the Ducks as they quietened down after the Geese went but only Last month my Neighbours cat Killed them he got into the Duck house and ripped their heads off leaving the lifeless bodies without the heads

I decided not to replace the Ducks as I don't want it happening again

I know it was the cat for many reasons. if a fox he would have gone for the chicken as well as I have 4 chicken coops of different breeds and they where untouched

the duck house on the other hand had a small opening at the top where the cat squeezed into and couldn't squeeze the bodies out to take as a prize where as a fox would have ravaged the bodies ate what he can an d left carnage there was no carnage or blood for that matter

Other reason why I don't think it was a fox is there are dogs that are left out at night in 3 homes around me and they are literally circling my house one at the back house one on the left and one on the right and a fox would not dare come into a Dogs territory

Maybe in the Future I will get them again as they where great Fun otherwise
So sorry about your ducks that's awful, and I understand about the noise too, thank goodness we have no close neighbors but even in the dead of winter with all the windows closed and I sneeze my goose hears it and has to holler.

So sorry about your ducks that's awful, and I understand about the noise too, thank goodness we have no close neighbors but even in the dead of winter with all the windows closed and I sneeze my goose hears it and has to holler.

Hopefully when im rich and famous

(don't worry I wont forget you)

im gonna buy a county cottage with a few acres of land

and then im going all out

goats sheep cows and the poultry

Hopefully when im rich and famous

(don't worry I wont forget you)

im gonna buy a county cottage with a few acres of land

and then im going all out

goats sheep cows and the poultry
thumbsup.gif
and thanks about not forgetting me.
big_smile.png

Thanks for your posts everyone & I'll post a few pics on that link Miss Lydia when the toulouse girls get here. Missy will be catching Jemima up soon if she keeps laying haha. My god uk chinese geese 70-75 eggs per season, think I'm gonna have to get myself a chinese goose :)

Aw your poor ducks sorry to hear that Iv just read your posts there, I have a cat and there's a cat next door there terrified of my geese but wouldn't think twice about the goslings. I have to keep them in a meshed in run through the day and bring them in on a night in a big dog cage to protect them til there big enough to defend themselves then the cats better watch out. :)

Aw your poor ducks sorry to hear that Iv just read your posts there, I have a cat and there's a cat next door there terrified of my geese but wouldn't think twice about the goslings. I have to keep them in a meshed in run through the day and bring them in on a night in a big dog cage to protect them til there big enough to defend themselves then the cats better watch out. :)

It happens sometimes unfortunately

we just need to live and learn

and thanks for the kind words

Good luck with your flock

I just noticed your in UK lemme know if you need Chinese I will refer you to a friend where I got my gander from when I had him

Last edited:
Love that pic are they all ducks and chickens?? and thanks I'd probably have a chinese goose just for the eggs they lay, how much does your friend sell the geese for and where is he/she living? I'm in Nwecastle well Jarrow to be exact :)

Love that pic are they all ducks and chickens?? and thanks I'd probably have a chinese goose just for the eggs they lay, how much does your friend sell the geese for and where is he/she living? I'm in Nwecastle well Jarrow to be exact :)

No there are 4 geese in that pic right at the back 3 Embdens and (Trio) and a Chinese Gander

The Ducks are 2 White Campbells 3 Fawn Runners and 1 Runner out of picture in Coop on LEft

The chicken well ther eis about 20 in there and all different so I wont list them

Today I have almost 100 Chicken

and I registered with DEFRA

i'll send you a pm with details about the geese from my friend

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom