Goose Eggs - Photos - pg 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm.png

Last edited:
This is exactly why I order chicks never eggs. You were lucky to get 2 to hatch.

In hindsite, he should have sent embden only but he was trying to be good person. No good deed goes unpunished.

Goose/duck eggs in open spaces will be dirty. When I had embden's the eggs they hatched looked real bad. When you tried to give them clean place to lay/hatch, mine would pick their own spot of dirt.

From what I've read, no reason to beat him up, he did send 12 instead of 6 you bought. I understand you are upset but shipped eggs are a gamble at BEST.

This thread is not a vehicle for argueing. It is a documentation of my experience with a first hatch of geese eggs.

I paid for embden eggs. I never asked for nor hinted that I wanted other eggs. I precisely asked for only pure bred embden eggs. There was never a discussion of any other eggs of any kind. On the day of shipment there was confusion as to how many eggs were shipped and what breed had been shipped. I was told in open chat that it was very uncertain exactly what breed was shipped that the seller got confused handling the eggs.

I was told I would be shipped 6 + 2 extra for a total of 8 pure embden goose eggs.

Of the eggs received:

1 egg already had a developing embryo in it indicating it came off an active nest.

3 eggs where clear and most likely unfertile.

3 eggs grew black bacteria between the shell and the inner membrane.

1 egg/embryo died about half way in the hatch

4 eggs made it to fully formed chicks.

3 hatched live goslings.

These geese are not purebred embdens nor are they purebred toulouse.

I have no interest whatsoever of in raising other breeds of geese as table birds and made that very clear prior to sending payment.

I will be closing this thread if any arguement or flaming starts..

Missprissy,
Maybe your local feedstore would trade you some feed for the goslings and they could sell them there as mixed breeds for someones' table birds later on down the road? Just a thought... My feedstore is trying to clean me out of chicks every time I have a hatch these days, not being able to order much from the hatcheries!
smile.png

Stacy

Well Miss Prissy I am so sorry for you too!!!! It is very disapointing when you do not get what you paid for. I am glad to know for future orders who is not so trust worthy of their word. Thank you for carrying us all the way from eggs in the mail to hatching. I can tell you I was with you all the way. I hope you get pure bread ones from your next hatch. Thank you so much for all your wisdom .

Miss Prissy you were posting while I was looking up the post-sorry. I have deleted the other post from you that I had reposted.

Last edited:
After reading about misting the eggs and all the extra their is to hatching goose eggs. I would NEVER take that on!!!!When I am ready for goose I will have to find some babies!!! I just got my first ducks about 4 weeks ago and there is a local man that hatches silkies and turkeys he has me 4 turkeys in the incubator now so maybe I will see about geese from him a little later on. I never knew it was
so much more work that chickens. Thank you for all the infromation!!!

There really isn't anything alot different from hatching chicken eggs. I had them in an autoturner. Once a day I opened the incubator for 15 min. While it was open I spritzed the eggs. It gave me a chance to candle them daily!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom