Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics
I'm incubating Dewlap Toulouse eggs now. I'm thankful for your post. This is my first time incubating. When do I stop automatic rotation? After I see internal pipping?
Thank you for the help.

If you candle and notice the marked drop down before internal pipping happens then that's the time. If you miss that then no harm done and stop when internally pipped.

I am completely new to all this and found this guide just fantastic. It helped me to hold my nerve and leave well alone until help was really needed - I now have my first ever home-hatched gosling on my first go :) Thanks.

You're very welcome and pleased it was useful.

Hopefully Rob and I will get down to updating our theories that we have modified this year for even better results with the more difficult to hatch eggs.

We're just so darn busy at the moment with the children as they're still only 7 and 3 plus our own livestock.

On a good note one of the tortoises has laid at last but only 4 eggs - grrrrrrrrr..........
rant.gif

Pete
wink.png

You're very welcome and pleased it was useful.

Hopefully Rob and I will get down to updating our theories that we have modified this year for even better results with the more difficult to hatch eggs.

We're just so darn busy at the moment with the children as they're still only 7 and 3 plus our own livestock.

On a good note one of the tortoises has laid at last but only 4 eggs - grrrrrrrrr..........
rant.gif

Pete
wink.png
poor Pete and Rob.... glad the geese did better then the tortoises

What advice can any one offer to nipping. Our goslings are very affectionate but they have really started chewing and nipping. They are not aggressive but don't know their own strength, especially when two or three are doing it at once.

Any guidance appreciated Paul T

Hi Paul from the USA. I take my thumb and index finger grab their beak and tell them NO. That seemed to work for me. Now others on here may have a different way of doing it.
You do not hold hard you just close the beak and say no.

Back
Top Bottom