Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by pete55, Apr 24, 2011.

1. RugenerGooser

RugenerGooser Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2013
    New Mexico
    Hi Pete!

I am not having any success finding this. Any help would be great when you have a bit of time.

As always, I appreciate it!

January

2. lynnf

lynnf New Egg

May 21, 2013
    I'm incubating Dewlap Toulouse eggs now. I'm thankful for your post. This is my first time incubating. When do I stop automatic rotation? After I see internal pipping?
    Thank you for the help.

3. pete55

pete55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Suffolk, UK
    If you candle and notice the marked drop down before internal pipping happens then that's the time. If you miss that then no harm done and stop when internally pipped.

4. incywincy

incywincy New Egg

May 28, 2013
    I am completely new to all this and found this guide just fantastic. It helped me to hold my nerve and leave well alone until help was really needed - I now have my first ever home-hatched gosling on my first go :) Thanks.

5. pete55

pete55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2011
    Suffolk, UK
    You're very welcome and pleased it was useful.

Hopefully Rob and I will get down to updating our theories that we have modified this year for even better results with the more difficult to hatch eggs.

We're just so darn busy at the moment with the children as they're still only 7 and 3 plus our own livestock.

On a good note one of the tortoises has laid at last but only 4 eggs - grrrrrrrrr.......... [​IMG]

Pete [​IMG]

6. psue

psue Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2012
    poor Pete and Rob.... glad the geese did better then the tortoises

7. paul tennant

paul tennant Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2013
    Gloucester uk
    What advice can any one offer to nipping. Our goslings are very affectionate but they have really started chewing and nipping. They are not aggressive but don't know their own strength, especially when two or three are doing it at once.

Any guidance appreciated Paul T

8. RURU

RURU Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2011
    Troy, Missouri
    My Coop
    Hi Paul from the USA. I take my thumb and index finger grab their beak and tell them NO. That seemed to work for me. Now others on here may have a different way of doing it.
    You do not hold hard you just close the beak and say no.

9. Angelak

Angelak Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2013
    Macon county,tn
    pete55 can u tell me humidity for geese that r now hatching out,they have a rhumb size hole in eggs n r making noise.my 1st goose eggs to do so I wanr them to survive.

10. psue

psue Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2012
    hatching info is about midway down the first post.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by