Goose Incubation & Hatching Guide - Completed!!!!

Pics

First one out more are on the way! Only one of 12 has still not internal pip!
And im a nerveus reck officially lol

Hi , this is my first hatch of geese. I am slightly addicted. Had 4 eggs shipped here. Three Of the eggs being fertile. Tossed one. The eggs are of a dewlap tolouse. I was just wondering does the activity in the egg tell anything. 2 of the eggs are very active and 1 is less active but still movement. Does this mean this gos will most likely pass?

Hi , this is my first hatch of geese. I am slightly addicted. Had 4 eggs shipped here. Three Of the eggs being fertile. Tossed one. The eggs are of a dewlap tolouse. I was just wondering does the activity in the egg tell anything. 2 of the eggs are very active and 1 is less active but still movement. Does this mean this gos will most likely pass?
You might want to ask that question here https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/747720/lets-have-a-gosling-hatchalong seems all the hatchaholics are hanging out here this year.
big_smile.png
and
welcome-byc.gif

Tanks for the advise miss lydia :) there are now 6 in total! So 6 didnt make it even tho i made those safety air wholes :( i opened the remaining eggs to see why they did not come out, they all missed to get the yolk, or whats irs called, inside and close the navel! I Can now just wonder why! They could breathe freely, but still they died!
Btw, they are called svane gæs in Danish, im guessing that translates to swan geese?

Tanks for the advise miss lydia
smile.png
there are now 6 in total! So 6 didnt make it even tho i made those safety air wholes
sad.png
i opened the remaining eggs to see why they did not come out, they all missed to get the yolk, or whats irs called, inside and close the navel! I Can now just wonder why! They could breathe freely, but still they died!
Btw, they are called svane gæs in Danish, im guessing that translates to swan geese?
So sweet, Congrats again.. and sorry you lost 6 but the 6 you have are precious. swan geese, are Chinese geese I believe. Solid white very long necks and knob at top of bill.

Hi, I have been trying to read through this thread but just don't have the time. I did read the guide all the way through and have 1 goose hatched (kinda randomly ended up with it) What temps do I need to have the brooder at for the baby?

Back
Top Bottom