Goose Shenanigans

Pics
Hope he feels better. I don't like it when they get sick. :(
Same! So far Roxby has done better this last year though. He’s gone a whole year without getting sick and only now has he been feeling under the weather, I think it’s the fact that the yard has been wetter and muddier than usual + the lack of vitamin D and his immune system suffered as a result and his old stomach bug started coming back. I already put him on some medicine a few days back and he seems spunkier. I live on the north side of a hill and we basically don’t have sun for 4 months.

We had to unfortunately cull 2 geese this past winter. One had a bad leg and could no longer get around and another stopped eating. I suspect she had ingested some twine. I cried for both of those girls. I never thought I would get attached to my geese the way I have and I don't even put hands on them. I do talk to them a lot. So sad when I can't help them. Hope you boy hangs in there.

We had to unfortunately cull 2 geese this past winter. One had a bad leg and could no longer get around and another stopped eating. I suspect she had ingested some twine. I cried for both of those girls. I never thought I would get attached to my geese the way I have and I don't even put hands on them. I do talk to them a lot. So sad when I can't help them. Hope you boy hangs in there.
I’m so sorry! It’s horrible losing such sweet beings.

I’m so sorry! It’s horrible losing such sweet beings.
I never knew before a few years ago how personable geese are. Now I look forward to that gang greeting I get in the mornings. Nothing makes me smile more than a honking flapping mass of geese. :)

I just remembered something I learned from two of my ganders awhile back.

Ganders love to play Angry Peekaboo.

What is Angry Peekaboo?

It’s a lot like normal peekaboo, you duck behind an obstacle and so will they, you pop up and say “PEEKABOO” and they pop up too, you duck back down and pop up again and so do they. The difference is that they try to bite when they pop up.

I’m convinced geese expierience a whole emotion that we don’t, when excitement and joy become so great it turns into ragejoy. 😂
Geese sure do have such complicated emotions, they seem to love getting so excited it loops around into rage or anxiety or both. One of mine will honk up a storm, start nipping, and do the angry head-tremor thing any time I bring him treats he especially likes, he gets so worked up he goes into rage mode too I guess 😅

Geese sure do have such complicated emotions, they seem to love getting so excited it loops around into rage or anxiety or both. One of mine will honk up a storm, start nipping, and do the angry head-tremor thing any time I bring him treats he especially likes, he gets so worked up he goes into rage mode too I guess 😅
Those big emotions really overwhelm them!

Back
Top Bottom