Goose Shenanigans

This story happened today that I had to share!
I was sitting with my geese. Tyrion layed next to me eating some grass root I helped pick for him. Marcus stood facing me eating some grass. I started singing "send my love" by adele. Becouse it's been stuck in my head for the last few days. I have always sung infrot of my geese since they were goslings.(not every day) An I am no trained singer!
Today was different! When I started singing some of the lyrics that I could reamber. Marcus stopped eating and stared at me intently. I thought that he was going to bite me finally telling me I was a horrible singer. When I started to sing the song again from the beginning. When I got to the part "send my love to your new lover" Marcus lowerd his head to the ground and slowly raised his head. All the while singing with me!! Matching my tone! When my voice got higher his voice got higher. When my voice got lower, his voice got lower. When I took a breath, he took a breath. I was stunned! Marcus has never done this before!! Takeing it a step further. I shook my head side to side, still singing. He did the exact same thing!! At this point I broke down laughing. Telling his he was such a good boy! Marcus puffed up his chest full of pride. I felt like after he gave such a performance he deserved a treat. So I gave him some grapes.
I wish I had someone record this! Unfortunately I did not have my phone on me!

This story happened today that I had to share!
I was sitting with my geese. Tyrion layed next to me eating some grass root I helped pick for him. Marcus stood facing me eating some grass. I started singing "send my love" by adele. Becouse it's been stuck in my head for the last few days. I have always sung infrot of my geese since they were goslings.(not every day) An I am no trained singer!
Today was different! When I started singing some of the lyrics that I could reamber. Marcus stopped eating and stared at me intently. I thought that he was going to bite me finally telling me I was a horrible singer. When I started to sing the song again from the beginning. When I got to the part "send my love to your new lover" Marcus lowerd his head to the ground and slowly raised his head. All the while singing with me!! Matching my tone! When my voice got higher his voice got higher. When my voice got lower, his voice got lower. When I took a breath, he took a breath. I was stunned! Marcus has never done this before!! Takeing it a step further. I shook my head side to side, still singing. He did the exact same thing!! At this point I broke down laughing. Telling his he was such a good boy! Marcus puffed up his chest full of pride. I felt like after he gave such a performance he deserved a treat. So I gave him some grapes.
I wish I had someone record this! Unfortunately I did not have my phone on me!
Sweet Smart Boy!

Hello ooh goose lovers! Hope everyone is doing well! Came out of hiding to get caught back up on biosecurity with the bird flu creeping closer to home!

Figured I'd leave this here since pictures are worth a thousand words....my lover boy Chance up to no good!
IMG_20210313_114933.jpg
20210314_112002.jpg

So good to see you and Chance @DiYMama540 we have missed you.

I am praying this bird flu will get contained over in the eastern part of the state and not get to our area. I have no idea how I could quarantine 35 birds on my property the way we are set up here in these mountains.
We need members who have had to do this to give advise.

No @ColtHandorf no goslings last year, BB definitely tried her best to hatch but the eggs must not have been fertile.
Happy to catch up with all of you! Glad the gang is all still here! :hugs
Agree with @Miss Lydia dreading trying to keep the bird flu away from my yard, will be next to impossible. Hoping this outbreak is over quickly 🙏:fl

My gander Roxby was feeling a little off lately and hasn’t been preening like he should, this morning he was feeling much better and decided to have a bath but he didn’t have the greatest waterproofing and looked like a soaked pigeon afterwards….just in time for it to start snowing. So there I was this morning, blow drying a gander on my porch in a blizzard.

My gander Roxby was feeling a little off lately and hasn’t been preening like he should, this morning he was feeling much better and decided to have a bath but he didn’t have the greatest waterproofing and looked like a soaked pigeon afterwards….just in time for it to start snowing. So there I was this morning, blow drying a gander on my porch in a blizzard.
Hope he feels better. I don't like it when they get sick. :(

Back
Top Bottom