Gorgeous runner ducks. Silver? Lavender?Blue Dusky? Curious about colour & genetics.

My 6 week old ducklings are nearly feathered and are absolutely gorgeous!! 😍
I would love to know what to call these colours and anything else you could tell me re:genetics.

This first one is Stormy. A beautiful red/blue/silver.

View attachment 3663211
View attachment 3663216
And this one we have names Silver due to the fact that it is like liquid silver in colour. 😍
View attachment 3663213
View attachment 3663218
Also linking a video...

May I ask where you bought your eggs from? I’m looking to add some runners next and yours are absolutely gorgeous!

I got them from a friend. She's in Eastern Ontario.

I should have eggs this spring. Are you in Ontario?
Thank you! That makes sense. It seems like all of the most interesting colors are in the UK and Canada. I haven’t seen as many in the US. If anyone knows any breeders that do, please let me know. ☺️ I suppose shipping eggs from Ontario to California would be a bit too much on the eggs! Your ducks sure are beautiful!

Thank you! That makes sense. It seems like all of the most interesting colors are in the UK and Canada. I haven’t seen as many in the US. If anyone knows any breeders that do, please let me know. ☺️ I suppose shipping eggs from Ontario to California would be a bit too much on the eggs! Your ducks sure are beautiful!
Ya I don't know the first thing about shipping eggs let alone cross boarder. Hopefully you can find some.

Back
Top Bottom