Gosling with crooked bill/congested breathing

Yes they’re safe together, for a gosling a few drops of each at a time will be enough, to much vitamin A and E can sometimes create issues with the liver, so any more than a few drops initially each day for a few days may be unnecessary, the body doesn’t store b vitamins well so there’s little risk in giving to much, but I doubt they’ll need more than a drop or two a day at this age, a pinch of the probiotics sprinkled on their food will be fine.
A good flock raiser has most of what they need also, the supplements are necessary to boost her vitamins if this is a nutrient issue, overall afterwards they’ll do well on a balanced diet and get their nutrients that way.
I’m not sure if there’s a way to reverse how the beak has developed so far, they may always have a funny bill, hopefully the vitamins will prevent any further maldevelopment.

I do want to say that my suggestions are based on what I’ve learned, I’m not a vet and I’m not always right and I’ve found neither is a vet in some cases unfortunatly, so with everything you find on the internet, including my advice, don’t take it as an absolute fact, always do your own research and decide what’s best for your own birds, the truth is this place is a great community of bird people helping other bird people and pooling our knowledge, but most of us are just doing the best we can sometimes with very little to go on.

Okay thank you for those tips and yes I’ll only give her a little since she’s only 3 weeks. I hope it does go back to normal since she has so much growing to go. But yes this site is extremely helpful and yeah we all can share our experiences which is so helpful. I’m taking her to the vet Sunday too so we will see if they have any extra knowledge on the bent bill. Thank you so much, this has been perfect.

Hello all!!!! Thank you so much for the help. She has gotten a lot bigger but the beak is still the same. I have given her vitamins and nutrients every day. It hasn’t gotten worse which is good but I just think it will be there for good.

We have ran into another problem though. She is limping a little bit. She does not have anything on her foot which is what other forums on this site suggested. It seems like her hip. She did take a spill coming out of her pool. Will it heal on its own? Thanks again everyone.

Hello all!!!! Thank you so much for the help. She has gotten a lot bigger but the beak is still the same. I have given her vitamins and nutrients every day. It hasn’t gotten worse which is good but I just think it will be there for good.

We have ran into another problem though. She is limping a little bit. She does not have anything on her foot which is what other forums on this site suggested. It seems like her hip. She did take a spill coming out of her pool. Will it heal on its own? Thanks again everyone.
Glad she’s doing well! More than likely it’s sore from the spill, if that’s the case it will heal in a few days.

If it doesn’t go away then leg issues can be caused by other nutrient deficiencies like protein or other vitamins. There could also be a chance that she could also have internal abnormalities caused by whatever caused the beak issue. More than likely it was the spill though.

Glad she’s doing well! More than likely it’s sore from the spill, if that’s the case it will heal in a few days.

If it doesn’t go away then leg issues can be caused by other nutrient deficiencies like protein or other vitamins. There could also be a chance that she could also have internal abnormalities caused by whatever caused the beak issue. More than likely it was the spill though.
Ugh I hope it is nothing internal. I wonder if we can ice it or something but we can’t tell where her pain is coming from. Thank you again as always!

Have you been giving her any niacin supplements if she hasn’t been on feed for water fowl then there is a possibility it’s could be a niacin deficiency. And getting her on a b complex even if an injury can help support legs during healing. I would def make a safe way in an out of the pool. Durvet liquid B Complex is one of the best you can get. Here is info on niacin deficiency. https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/niacin-deficiency-in-waterfowl.1367557/

Yes I have been giving her the two Durvet vitamins you linked before and she has been drinking iffy every day! Today she is not limping as much! Thankfully! You guys are the best!!!!
Here is a pic of her in her pool this morning :)

Attachments

• BEB32AC9-FB94-441E-88EE-DEA6E9CC248B.jpeg
    BEB32AC9-FB94-441E-88EE-DEA6E9CC248B.jpeg
    514.5 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom