Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

That's exactly what it looked like swollen with fluid.
Omg the ones in my Hatcher are white???? What's going on here? I'll be clicking on that link right away... like now lol. Thanks =)

There are white African too, and they are gorgeous. I hope the lil one makes it, does it look like the fluid is going down?

Well, I don't think Lacie is going to be a mother this year. I tried giving her one of my pipped eggs from the incubator and she immediately started biting it and trying to take the shell off the poor thing. I snatched it back and put it back in my incubator. I'll try showing her a hatched gosling tomorrow since apparently eggs aren't going to work, and we'll see what happens, but I'm thinking I'll be raising both these eggs myself.

Well, I don't think Lacie is going to be a mother this year. I tried giving her one of my pipped eggs from the incubator and she immediately started biting it and trying to take the shell off the poor thing. I snatched it back and put it back in my incubator. I'll try showing her a hatched gosling tomorrow since apparently eggs aren't going to work, and we'll see what happens, but I'm thinking I'll be raising both these eggs myself.
My goose adopted 2 goslings last year they were 2 days old when I got them, I just kept taking them out for short visits on nice days and by 3 weeks of age I felt they could be with the adults Missy loved them so did Sam. So let her get use to the baby slowly and hopefully she'll take it and raise it. My gosling from last year will be 1 yr old end of this month and the older 2 still protect them just like they are babies.
roll.png

Went downstairs to check on the geese like I do every hour or so, Lemon (The Embden) was dead. No idea what happened. They don't just die like that do they? The others were running around and playing with their water and he was just against the wall of the brooder dead. Ideas?? I'm so mad, and sad, and kicking myself for not noticing if something was wrong with him. Was there anything I could've done?

There are white African too, and they are gorgeous. I hope the lil one makes it, does it look like the fluid is going down?

The white one that hatched at my friends house didn't make it, but the grey one with all the swelling just came home with me =) and looks better all ready. The two white ones in my Hatcher are not swollen like the other two. But my shells are super tough.

I'll be sure to get a picture of all three together when these two fluff up =)

The white one that hatched at my friends house didn't make it, but the grey one with all the swelling just came home with me =) and looks better all ready. The two white ones in my Hatcher are not swollen like the other two. But my shells are super tough.

I'll be sure to get a picture of all three together when these two fluff up =)
Sorry the little one didn't make it. But happy to hear the swelling is going down on the other lil one. I know what you mean those lil gosling should have hammers inside those eggs to help them get out those are some very hard eggs. Good luck on the rest.

Back
Top Bottom