Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

I feel like it's been kind of rough for everyone this year. Maybe I'm the only one thinking that but...

It has been a rough year... not all bad but busy.

first round of eggs went into the bator last night.... Now to see if the boys are getting their job done.

I'm hoping we soon hear from livininbrazil she has been quiet for a long time.
caf.gif

and RURU too.
Think about it. If you were living in Brazil where it is the end of Summer into the beginning of Fall wouldn't you be out on the beach in your bikini? Sipping cocktails with little umbrellas? But that aside. It is March, my geese are laying eggs left and right and building the leaning tower of goose nests to hide them in. My gander is so hormonal that even the dogs are afraid of him. Chickens are back to 20+ eggs a day. Peach and Apricot trees are beginning to bloom and the days are getting warmer with light breezes wafting about. Come to think about it...I don't think I would would want to be in Brazil after all.

Do hope that the old 2014 Hatch-a-long gang all gather here at the well soon though. Especially if my geese go broody. I will need all the help and reassurance I can get.

Pilgrim egg number 2! That I know of. Doubt they're fertile and I read that the first week or so the eggs aren't worth incubating but is that true? Turns out you can fit at least 2 goose eggs in a Mini Eco. :)

So does anyone know where to buy goose eggs? Anything but tufted or african/Chinese geese. Whenever I find a waterfowl website they only sell duck eggs...
hu.gif

Yes, P. They are all free ranging and it is a beautiful sight to behold. My dewlaps still tend to gravitate towards the house and spend their evenings sleeping just outside my back door, but they are taking full advantage of the ponds and river. It is unbelievably wonderful to not have to maintain all the kiddy pools any more!

X3 on hoping to see Ruru and LB pop up again.

i start incubating with the first egg of the year. this year out of the first 6 eggs 2 didn't hatch the other 4 are baouncing babies. so if your pair are doing what they should the majority of the eggs should all be fertile.

Back
Top Bottom