Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

i start incubating with the first egg of the year. this year out of the first 6 eggs 2 didn't hatch the other 4 are baouncing babies. so if your pair are doing what they should the majority of the eggs should all be fertile.
I haven't seen this particular pair that I think are the parents do anything but pair off and stay on the outskirts of the main group. The ones definitely having fun in the stock tank aren't laying a thing. <sigh>

Might put them in and see what happens. Would hate to have a singleton hatch out tho'. Really need to get something built that's bigger than a Mini Eco. Just because I *can* fit at least 3 eggs in there doesn't mean I should. But doesn't mean I won't anyway! Maybe I'll find another one in the pen I locked the others in. They're smart little beasties, figured out how to get out of the main pasture into the front yard, side garden and down to the road. Um, no, we will not be swimming in the huge puddles at the bottom of the drive near the paved road, sorry.

I haven't seen this particular pair that I think are the parents do anything but pair off and stay on the outskirts of the main group. The ones definitely having fun in the stock tank aren't laying a thing. <sigh>

Might put them in and see what happens. Would hate to have a singleton hatch out tho'. Really need to get something built that's bigger than a Mini Eco. Just because I *can* fit at least 3 eggs in there doesn't mean I should. But doesn't mean I won't anyway! Maybe I'll find another one in the pen I locked the others in. They're smart little beasties, figured out how to get out of the main pasture into the front yard, side garden and down to the road. Um, no, we will not be swimming in the huge puddles at the bottom of the drive near the paved road, sorry.
They just don't realize the dangers of playing near the road. Why not wait on a broody I'm sure you'll have one soon. It's just starting to warm up.
smile.png

Last edited:
How yall been doing in the past few days?? It's ben going good here I got 2 little BANTIES from TSC the one is a MILLE de fouer DUCCLE and the other is something MILLE de fleur just without the beard and feathered feet but no goose eggs here anymore but on the other hand BABIES in 2 weeks I am soo EGGCITED and ghe batons are running for the HAL

They just don't realize the dangers of playing near the road. Why not wait on a broody I'm sure you'll have one soon. It's just starting to warm up.
smile.png
Oh, if someone wants to go broody I'll let them! The main group is more interested in exploring. The pair left behind are the best bets so far. Guess I could get them in a yard of their own with a pool and see what happens. Of course I just put runners in the yard I was going to use so have to subdivide it, or set something else up. Always something. It's fun to find goose eggs in addition to the chicken eggs, makes the egg hunts that much better every day!

Oh, if someone wants to go broody I'll let them! The main group is more interested in exploring. The pair left behind are the best bets so far. Guess I could get them in a yard of their own with a pool and see what happens. Of course I just put runners in the yard I was going to use so have to subdivide it, or set something else up. Always something. It's fun to find goose eggs in addition to the chicken eggs, makes the egg hunts that much better every day!
Keep us updated!

This is my breeding trio ofthis year:Male buff african and a buff african female and a brown African female (all 5 years old this year)

Back
Top Bottom