Goslings of 2015 Hatch-a-Long

Here's some pics of my pair of Sebbies there names are Mr. And Mrs Yeb becuase they sound like they are saying YEB YEB and it rhymes with there name

Really nice Nate. Also, your Chinese are very handsome. Were the geese chasing the ducks? Wish I had that pile of stone in my yard, I could sure use it to do some paving I plan on doing.

Really nice Nate. Also, your Chinese are very handsome. Were the geese chasing the ducks? Wish I had that pile of stone in my yard, I could sure use it to do some paving I plan on doing.

No the Sebbies protect the ducks and Mr. and Mrs. G protect the Sebbies so the Sebbies follow the ducks and the Older geese follow the Sebbies

I have internal pips :celebrate One I am keeping to raise myself with the goslings I got earlier this month. The other egg I would like to slip under Lacie, my broody roman tufted. Anyone have any experience with giving a goose an egg once it is pipped? Should I just slip it under her tonight? I wouldn't do it except her eggs were all stolen by ravens.

They are beautiful nate, do your Chinese like them. Lovely set of ducks you have there too.

Yes the Chinese are very happy to have them and those are not all of my ducks I have 16 all together and that's just 6 lol but all of these little ones in this pic came from Metzer Farms and I love them

Yes the Chinese are very happy to have them and those are not all of my ducks I have 16 all together and that's just 6 lol but all of these little ones in this pic came from Metzer Farms and I love them
That's great they all get along. My 4 geese aren't real happy with the chickens and ducks we have with them.
hmm.png

Question anyone know why African goslings would have difficulty hatching and when given some assistance hatching after all other eggs have quit, why would it's head be huge? Could they be super Africans? Also it's head was at the wrong end =/
I was possibly thinking that they were stuck in the mud in the bottom of the nest to long and didn't get turned till the neighbor let me have a go at them.
What is a super African anyways is it like a sterile hybrid?

Question anyone know why African goslings would have difficulty hatching and when given some assistance hatching after all other eggs have quit, why would it's head be huge? Could they be super Africans? Also it's head was at the wrong end =/
I was possibly thinking that they were stuck in the mud in the bottom of the nest to long and didn't get turned till the neighbor let me have a go at them.
What is a super African anyways is it like a sterile hybrid?
http://www.metzerfarms.com/SuperAfricanGeese.cfm?Breed=Super African&BirdType=Goose&ID=SA

Does it look like fluid has built up in it's head? Iain Utah had a Dewlap Toulouse hatch that way and after a couple days the fluid left and the gosling was fine.

Back
Top Bottom