got a bee bee gun

Wish someone would invent a gun that had something that smelled offensive to intruders! It could pop open like a paintball when it hit them, but smell so bad they'd run...and hopefully remember to stay away!

like maybe a rotten egg gun. the chickens could earn their keep.
wink.png

I don't know, but my DH says that if your shooting anything at a dog or cat, make sure you kill it, cause when it returns home, its owner can report you for cruelty to animals if they figure out who shot it. But I think there are laws to protect farmers, all you have to say was that you were protecting your livestock. anyone know for sure? We live in a rural area, are laws different for rural and suburban?

I tried warning away cats by shooting my 22 rifle just behind them and then when they would run chasing them with a few more rounds at their heels. Didn't work. They were just more sneaky. Finally had to start shooting for real.
Cat problem is taken care of for now but now a neighbors dogs are coming up on my place at 2 or 3 in the morning to harrass my goose. WIfe left them a note that next time will be their last time. Explained that that was not something we wanted to do but will if need be. So, they better control their dogs.
BB gun IMO was a waste of money unless you want to kill mice with it. If what you purchased was a pellet gun as someone has noted (pointy bb's?) then be aware that some pellet guns are as deadly at short range as a 22 rifle.

"
......"make sure you kill it, cause when it returns home, its owner can report you for cruelty to animals if they figure out who shot it.

I can't imagine there not being a law everywhere that allows anyone to protect their livestock. Not only can I kill the dog/cat I can still present the owner with a bill for the animal killed or maimed and for the price of the bullet I had to use.​

Last edited:
Yeah, everyone is saying good things.

Treat it as a real gun.

BB's are round, you have a pellet gun.

It will not kill very well unless you are at point blank. I use a pellet gun pointed though the ear of trapped predators for a quick kill at point blank. Pot shots will do nothing except get lodged in skin. I prefer copper head hollow point for this work.

They are not that loud unless you have a very high powered one... which DO exist, but are expensive and illegal in some places. We have one that is a air powered .22...

PRACTICE is key, you can kill a human with one if you accidentally get them though their eye, as it CAN penetrate though the thin bone into the brain though the area where your optic nerve goes back into your head.

I am a hunter and using a BB gun is so cruel. If you are going to shoot an animal with something that penitrates skin you need to kill it. I mean come on would you wish that on YOUR animals. If you still insist on using an airgun use the plastic BBs. They hurt like h@%l but don't do much damage. Trust me I tested it out on myself (after my friend shot himself. Dumb kids lol) before using it on the neighbor cats. They can still blind an animal if you hit them in the eye.

Ugh I so want to take a bb gun to the people who use them on animals.:mad: Oh ya and you can get hit with a cruelty charge for shooting with bbs.

Quote:
Yup, i had a pellet gun years ago and for fun I shot a metal garbage can at 15 feet with one of those pointy rounds and it went right through the garbage can.

Quote:
use paintballs injected with cadaverdine (liquid death stink that's used to train dogs to find dead bodies). If the dogs can stand it, the owners surely wont.

Back
Top Bottom