Sanborn NY
#1Barred Rock?

#2 Buff Orp?

#3 RIR?

#4?????

#5????

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
hi, its nice to meet someone as bad at this as i am. lol the first one for a fact is not barred . is it a bantam ? it looks like a mille flur.

My wife and I moved into our new house about three months ago. We live out in the country, and I've always wanted chickens! When we went and first looked at our current house it had a chicken coop outback, so we work that into the contract because the previous owners wanted to take it down.
Obviously now that I have an empty chicken coop, I naturally had to fill it! I found a guy on craigslist who was giving his egg layers away. I was a little hesitant because I figured his egg layers were just about at the age where they stop laying eggs. Boy was I wrong!
Those nine chickens, give me about 5 to 7 eggs daily! I just don't know what they are. The colors range from blue, tan, brown, and brown with dark brown speckles.

1 speckled sussex or a hybrid speckledy2 isa crossbred battery hen 3 red sexlink 4 sicilian buttercup mix with easter egger 5 silver sussex cross silver campine also why is there always an argument in this section of the forum everyone always thinks theyre right and itall turns into a fight

4 and 5 are defenatly NOT easter eggers no way
What do you think they are, then? That's what they look like to me... and he says he's getting blue eggs, so that means SOMEONE'S an Easter Egger, lol. The 4th at least seems to have a bit of a beard, which would definitely suggest an EE.

1. Speckled Sussex
2. Red star (red sex link, comet, cinnamon queen are all common names for this breed)
3. Production red
4. Easter egger
5. Not really sure, can't tell what kind of comb it has, or what color the legs are. If it is an Easter egger, it would be beardless/muffless.

Back
Top Bottom