Got meat?

That's not bad at all. It takes me about 10 minutes per quail including cleaning the plucker and scaldnig pot etc. That's by myself, though.
Same for me by myself with quail…..and that’s skinning vs plucker :th part of the reason I don’t do quail anymore for “sustainability” as other meats (meat chickens, rabbits, etc) have much higher yield for similar processing time. If ours weren’t free range pasture-raised, and I get better with a knife…...we could probably shave off a couple minutes per chicken. I’m more skilled with a scalpel in smaller, confined spaces 🤣

Last edited:
Same for me by myself with quail…..and that’s skinning vs plucker :th part of the reason I don’t do quail anymore for “sustainability” as other meats (meat chickens, rabbits, etc) have much higher yield for similar processing time. If ours weren’t free range pasture-raised…..we could probably shave off a couple minutes per chicken.
I would do chickens and rabbits and what not but quail is really the only thing I can sustainably raise for meat in a apartment I am totally planning on it later in life but right now it’s only quail. It took me about 10 minutes each per bird to skin and gut after I got myself to cut their heads off. I know I will get better in time as it was my first two birds.

I would do chickens and rabbits and what not but quail is really the only thing I can sustainably raise for meat in a apartment I am totally planning on it later in life but right now it’s only quail. It took me about 10 minutes each per bird to skin and gut after I got myself to cut their heads off. I know I will get better in time as it was my first two birds.
Yes, it’s difficult to raise other meats in a small space. And you will get better with practice making it even easier and more efficient once you move on to other meats!

Just did another 5 took around 2 hours to do all of them including the culling.

Attachments

• IMG_3213.jpeg
    IMG_3213.jpeg
    351.1 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom