Got My Chicks Home.... BUT!!!

stitch

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 30, 2008
Maryville, TN
Chicks arrived safe and sound...Got Home with them opened up the box OOOOOhhhh My Lord they sent a extra 9 chicks Holy Smokes..... 8 are Dark Brahma Bantams not sure what the other 9 are suspect all roo's to help keep them warm during the travel time...

Feeding time they were hungry...
chicks002.jpg

Camera Shy
chicks005.jpg

Look out behind U!!
chicks006.jpg

Hey get out of my way!!!
chicks004.jpg

Hey take my pic...
chicks003.jpg

will post a short video o youtube soon...stay tuned
smile.png

Last edited:
They are cute! I was actually hoping for an extra rooster or two, but I guess 30 was enough to keep warm.

And there may still be a rooster in the bunch anyways!
gig.gif

Well, I'm new to the RIR's but my chicks have dark stripe on back and top of head with a bit of a dark streak by the eye. ( they are all pullets though )
Not sure if this works with all breeds, but take each chick, hold carefully and then spread out a wing to see all feathers coming in. If the row of feathers on the tips are all the same length, roo, if second row is shorter, pullet. But you can only do this in the first couple days of life to tell.
Since you don't know the breed other characteristics may not help here, time will? I'm sure they are not all roos. I don't think they would do that, but I'm sure you will have some. Craigslist is a good place to rid some if you need to.

Where did you order from?

Last edited:
Ohh you got packing peanuts, how cute. I always thought they are production reds or some like that, any kind of roos that they cant get rid of otherwise. It beats killing them.

Back
Top Bottom