Got my coffee, a donut, and a happy song in my head....

Does anyone have any good gluten free treat recipes? I want to make my family various types of sweets for Christmas and Thanksgiving as well as give them a copy of my new book, but they're all allergic to wheat. I'm thinking of adapting a Devil's Food Cake Peanut Butter Cup recipe for them, but I'd like some more ideas.

Quote:
Yeah, I KNOW bubble and squeak is good! And this rumple one sounds real good too!

I had donuts for "brunch" and soup for din-din. Worked in the backyard for most of the day. (saw 4 patients early in the AM) Cleaned next to the run, put down some sod... need to get some more. Got flowers planted in the front. I need to reseed in a few places as our lawn looks 'stripey'. I am getting OLD, this yard work does me in... I need to sneak in a trip to the Chiropractor tomorrow.

Brother called from N. Utah and he and the fam will be down next week for Thanksgiving. Clean, Clean.. Clean!
Good news is, we'll be having dinner at older brother's place in PV, younger brothers kids will be staying with us... for the big dinner next week, we'll bring Yams, rolls and green salad.

I slept from about 6:30PM until 10PM... now I can't sleep. I think I'll try some Nyquil or something.

I have a friend who will be having both legs opened up in an operation tomorrow at Scottsdale Osborn(Friday) because he contracted MRSA in another hospital (Good Sam) that he was sent to after being rear-ended by a hit an run driver (witnesses assume it was an un-insured illegal alien) over a month ago. The poor guy can't catch a break.

Still waiting for Jenn's eggs to arrive to put into Laree's bator. Still waiting for the Ecoglo that I ordered to arrived... they've already taken $$ out of the Paypal account.

Tomorrow will be NUTS and after patients on Friday morning, it will be work, work, work the remainder of Friday and ALL day Saturday getting ready for next week.

Time to try and hit the sac for reals now.

Quote:
That is exactly what my husband does!
Well, duh! You slept all evening, of course you can't get to sleep NOW!
roll.png

Yeah, I was EXTREMELY tired and in pain from the non-stop work from 11AM to about 5PM.

I'm getting a bit drowsy now so hopefully I'll be in dreamland soon.

Quote:
What are ya hatchin'? How fun is that gonna be for ya, when you don't have the incubator there with you .... to stress over all the time?!

THATS the way to do it...
lol.png

Laree is just awesome, isn't she?

The chicks will be a surprise. 12 unknowns from the revolutionmama ranch... that I assume is moving to Colorado. I'm hoping for a couple of her crazy polish but will be happy with whatever. I've got to rehome a couple of my older hens so these will be replacements and then I'll talk you (kathyinmo) into a chick order come spring
wink.png
I hope...... BTW The NH is getting friendly with one of the roos.. I haven't seen her squat yet, but she runs to him when he calls to come get something interesting he's found to eat.

I'm still waiting to hear the first crow and then I'm calling the vet to get him decrowed.

Quote:
What are ya hatchin'? How fun is that gonna be for ya, when you don't have the incubator there with you .... to stress over all the time?!

THATS the way to do it...
lol.png

But we will all miss the fun of Mahonri stressing out!
lau.gif

Tis true, the only thing I can think I would possible incubate here are my W/BW eggs once my roos start doing their thing.

I have two hens that I must get chicks from, they are that pretty. Once came from Jean, the other from Melissa (pasofino)

BTW... the SLW lays HUGE eggs and they are so cool looking. She is just amazing.... she is the first wyandotte I've ever had.

Back
Top Bottom