Got my first Trio of Sebastopols babies(pics Update)

Rodeoclown1189

Songster
Sep 24, 2009
East TN
Hey all ......
To Be Honest i was never a big waterfowl person till i met Laurie(TennesseeTruly) she is an amazing woman and has beautiful animals i admire her passion and love for not only chickens but geese, ducks, guineas,and any other critter you can think of lol... she has made my life a blessing with the 3 little gosling i perchased..... i named them already lol the Gander is Charlie and the girls are Betty Jo and Lucy lol my fiance named Lucy i named the others after my grandparents that inspired me to love poultry the way i do....pictures will be up soon and videos too... Laurie if you see this i cant wait to purchase more lol i also have those partridge wyandotte bantams on my list
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Awww thanks James! It's been a pleasure getting to know you and your obsessions...like mine. ROFL!! The other 4 little ones are going to Asheville, NC on Thursday. We found another little boy in the goose nests outside and we're hoping for a sibling for him to hatch before they leave.

Otherwise you're going to have to come buy him so he won't be alone. LMAO!!

As for the Partridge Wyandottes....I got 1 egg from the 5 hens yesterday.
idunno.gif
Maybe with this nice weather, we'll get more.

Good luck with Charlie, Betty Jo, and Lucy! Psst...we need pics!

Laurie

I think it's incredible that even at that very young age; the look in their eyes is profound...they don't just take a peek at you but make eye contact and hold it...watching. I'm new to geese as well and am hooked. I like my chickens but love my goose.
big_smile.png

They are beautiful; thank you for sharing.

Sally

Sooooo sweet! I have French Toulouse shipping from Metzer's March 14th. My first geese and I can't wait.

Congratulations on your new sebbies! You'll love them! I bought mine two years ago and absolutely adore them. Mine started laying about two weeks ago. I have eggs in the incubator now that should hatch around March 8. It's so much fun!

Those little sebbies are such little dolls. The pictures were very adorable. I have 3 african geese right now. Super friendly too. I hand feed them treats and they follow me around the yard when I'm home and let them out of their pens. I had 4 Toulouse once, but no matter how hard I tried they got pretty aggressive and were even worse around breeding season. I'm sure other's may have had a different experience. I didn't get my geese from metzer's, I got my from a local ag store. Maybe it depends on what the parents were like that determine their temperment a little bit in the long run. I wish you the best of luck with your babies!

Back
Top Bottom