got some duck eggs.. bad news.. sorry all.. :(....

but there is good news!! i have another package coming tomorow! and its only a state away.. so shouldnt have been too ruff... the ones i just got were blue sweedish.. the ones im getting soon are runners and piekin\
ouen

DID IT ARRIVE? I'm dying to know. I checked on the website and they said they arrived today. WERE THEY WHOLE? :|:worry: I'm so nervous.

If they were duck eggs in a chicken egg carton that may have contributed to the cracking. Wrapping in bubble wrap won't keep them from cracking if a lot of pressure is applied and could actually cause more pressure. Sorry about this
sad.png

the other eggs have all arrived!!!!!!! all safe and sound.. those eggs in the pic were rapped in in a chicken egg carton and then tapped shut. its ok tho.. i THINK they are developing but i cant really rtell...

ok so those duck eggs that i first got are no good.. they started to crack and ooze and the yolks were scrambled when i pened them. so i have none of them left.... what should i doo? i
... i just dont want to offend her.... i have the other eggs that i got from other people and they are deeloping.....
sad.png
hit.gif

Last edited:
I know that many people pack their eggs in a carton for extra protection but I think it contributes to breakage. If someone does handle that box roughly there is no give, the eggs have no where to go so they get smashed against the carton. If you wrap the eggs in bubble wrap and put them in a box lined with wadded newspaper with packing peanuts for protection you are much better off.

yup that make sence.. but im not the one paking the eggs... what do i do about not getting any hatchable eggs? thats my question.. ask for more? take my loses and move on? i
. and i dont want to hurt her feelings by saying she didnt pack well... this stinks.

Last edited:
I had a seller who sent me a batch of eggs that were about that bad, except they weren't wrapped in bubble wrap, just put in a carton in a box. I sent her photos and she sent me another batch free, packaged differently. The funny thing is I got 3 chicks out of the first batch, and none out of the second which had a safer trip! I went through over 36 eggs to get that 3 though!

YES i understand the whole how to pack eggs the right way. but i want to know how to go about telling the lady that i was dicapointed because i got a zero development rate and they almoast all arived bad.. how to pack the eggs right without seeming rude. cuz im not a rude person.. and shes a nice lady.. so i dont want to hurt her feelings and feel bad. ugh.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom