grabbing hen while asleep

JammyWammy

In the Brooder
May 29, 2023
recently brought a new hen, it's been approximately two weeks. it so far has been sleeping only in very hidden corners, and the place it decides to sleep in is somewhat dangerous because it's nearby some electrics. it's very quick so I can't catch it while it's awake so I go and catch it when it sleeps and place it in the sleeping area, but it always acts so disturbed and horrified when I catch it so I'm wondering if I should stop and just let it sleep there instead.

If she's in danger then I would definitely move her. Is there a way you can block those areas off? What's the coop setup?
I'm keeping them in the rooftop idk if that qualifies as a coop. I can probably block it off but it'd require some resources and we're moving them to an entirely different area in a few days so I'm worried it might be wasteful/unnecessary

I'm keeping them in the rooftop idk if that qualifies as a coop. I can probably block it off but it'd require some resources and we're moving them to an entirely different area in a few days so I'm worried it might be wasteful/unnecessary
Could I see a pic? If it's only goingnto be for a few more days then I would continue to move her.

Could I see a pic? If it's only goingnto be for a few more days then I would continue to move her.
It's currently nighttime here, and I really don't want to turn on the lights because that'd wake em up, if you'd like to I can send a picture after I wake up tomorrow

It's currently nighttime here, and I really don't want to turn on the lights because that'd wake em up, if you'd like to I can send a picture after I wake up tomorrow
Sure, that's fine! I'm just curious to see what it looks like I guess Haha

Back
Top Bottom