grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    York you have rain over there [​IMG] Please send it my way over 3 1/2 inches short so far this year. Grass crunches when you walk on it, the Seasonal creek at the farm is down to nasty pools with black/green water[​IMG] smells like Beth's foot did the first week.

2. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Late to chickens today. It's HOT. I'm getting annoyed with having to sort pullets from hens everyday. Yesterday got 3 eggs, 4 the day before that. At least I know they aren't hiding them. I feel like it should be too early for them to quit laying, but maybe I'll add a string of Christmas lights out there? I have some that are solar powered.

3. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Im glad she is well [​IMG] remember when the coyote got my cat. the vet saved his life and I had to scrub that wound out for a long time. $50. plus antibiotics and the scrub is what it cost me. I got pretty lucky.

4. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Love the solar ! I put Christmas lights around my coop once. didnt last too long. thought about the solar too but I dont think they work as well for me here as they would you.

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I am talking to my DD now about the dog. she says old roy is $20. a big bag. I dont know what that is. she then told me I was dumb for paying $48. a bag for the lamb and rice I feed my dogs. She has NO manners ! hahaaa I said, you dont talk to your mama like that ! she apologized then said But, its true. Do anyones else grown kids talk like that ? I dont think i like that.

6. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    supposed to be about 79 here today and then back up the thermo we go again. Weds and Thurs both pushing 100, Off to do something not sure what. LOL

7. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    She shouldn't have called you dumb BUT she does make a valid point. I use purina dog show, Don't get the high pro as all that does is ramp up their metabolism giving them both more energy and causing them to eat more. At least according to my Vet.

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Twist, I pm the owner nifty chickens on here a couple days ago about your birthday badge. have you heard anything?

9. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I thought they eat less ? maybe i am dumb . hahaa

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    well, Mom always fed science diet and said it was the only food she wanted her dogs to have because they eat and poop less. as I was the pooper scooper I guess I just stuck with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by