grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. campingshaws

campingshaws Flock Master Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    TSC has a good brand, 4 health. No wheat, corn, or soy. I can't remember how much it is. I've never liked science diet. We use Purina one also and like it. I think it's one step above (price wise) the regular Purina dog chow.

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    purina one i think is 36 here . not a huge difference guess what ! I just got a check in the mail for $18.00 from the phone co. we are a co-op. LOL

3. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I use 4-Health. My dogs love it. Sugar was allergic to everything Wal~Mart. All her hair was falling out and she was licking between her toes and up her legs untill it was raw. She had a big circle of hairloss on her back that was nasty looking. Mike took her to the vet, $200 later and three medications and she quit eating!! Vet never mentioned allergies; or the fact that most dog's allergies are caused by what they eat.

After a little Internet research, I found 4-Health. Sugar's itching was better in 10 days. It took about 6 weeks for her to come back.....

Edit: for her HAIR to come back.....

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  4. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    My barred was looking for breakfast this morning. Yay!

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    glad she was waiting on you. 4-health cost almost as much as science diet too. here anyway. I am getting a trial run with her. they will bring her to me tonight ! 2 weeks, great idea enola. And I already got the check for the first bag !

6. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I justify the price of the 4-Health by how much it saves me on money spent on 3 different medications that only last a month. And Sugar is happy.

7. campingshaws

campingshaws Flock Master Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

x2. We used it for my cav. Didn't help her, so we switched to the more expensive that was totally grain free. It helped some. She was just a sickly little thing.

8. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    I feed purina 1. I fed eukaneuba when I had my newf. That was expensive but newfs usually live 9 years and I got 11 out of my last one.

9. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    well, this one will be getting ol roy i guess and I will switch my others to it as well. rid myself of the extra cats and see how it goes.

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    UUMMM, The tolbunt person just told me she will give me 2 hens and the roo for the $20 step daughter was going to pay for one ! OH Happy Day !!

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by