grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Little dogs tend to be more prone to "get them before they get me" - it's got to be a pretty scary world from their perspective because EVERYTHING and EVERYONE is so much bigger than them.....then add in the way most people tend to interact with a small dog, the tendency for people to let a lot of really bad behavior slide from a small dog under the perception of it somehow being cute/harmless, people who think that small dogs don't require the same training as large dogs, the fact that a lot of folks choose small breeds for situations in which they are entirely ill-suited - just a perfect storm of situations that end up with smaller breeds being almost setup for failure.

2. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    I have always heard you should never just cut the "matt" off as it just comes back. If I find a really bad one I will cut in half and then tease the rest out. Sometime you have to be really mean and call it nasty names or talk about it's momma. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2015
  3. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    way to true sadly

4. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Songster

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Lol twisted. My cats don't either.

I love show sheen it keeps the coat cleaner. Warning: do not spray your dog with it on a vinyl kitchen floor. My mother almost killed herself. Lol

5. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    Did you tell her you didn't realize that she knew how to "modern" dance. Let me guess she was wearing no shoes either.

6. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Songster

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    I have used Johnsons no more tangles spray. Works really good wet or dry.

7. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Songster

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Twisted. She just kinda skated the whole way across the room. Lol

8. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing?

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Yup, I agree. The biggest problem with most small dogs is that they are treated like small dogs. Scooter doesn't get away with anything.

My sis work at a vet hospital for 5 years. The only dog that ever bit her was a min pin. She says they are vicious beasts!

9. XxMingirlxX

XxMingirlxX Songster

Dec 12, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Wow, lots of posts to catch up on. I prefer large dogs to small but I love having a small dog in my lap. My step sister has a cross between a miniature dashaund and a chihuahua. It's adorable.

[​IMG]
    But I'll always love my labradoodle Meg more :) (her after she had a cyst removed and she was in a cone)
    [​IMG]

10. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    Had a maine coon he used to get shaved every spring. Borrowed a sleeping pill from a friend one (she was pushing about 300 lbs) gave the cat 1/2 waited about an hour and tried to shave NOT happening. so gave him the other half most of him then relaxed except the vocal cords. I was having trouble sleeping at the time so I thought way not and I took the other pill, it was like I was super drunk for 3 days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by