grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    I actually really like their food. The chicken is delicious, they have gluten-free options, their kids meals come with fresh fruit cups, and their salads are THE BEST. When I'm sick or cold I always crave their chicken noodle soup.

And staying in the parking lot is fun. Very organized, they feed you three meals and unlimited drinks of your choice. Once you're on the lot you can't leave for any reason. They had games and music, people were there with kids and elderly parents alike. We had a great time.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    so you get one free sandwich a week ? did they have bathrooms?

3. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Three meals a day is hard to come by . Maybe I have seen times where I would hang out just to eat. As far as being fun, thats for you youngens. My idea of fun is my memory foam mattress . LOL

4. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    [​IMG] I can hear a little something,something In my bedroom. Been waiting a long time to use this smile face or what ever they are called. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    You know I still haven't had food from there.

Also haven't had chipotle. Panera bread only once...sigh.

6. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

The coupon is for a meal: sandwich or nuggets, fries, and drink. But you could order anything and apply coupons to the balance. We would take the college students to lunch and pay less than $5 for 7-8 people.

7. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

My daughter brings me a Panera sandwich everytime she comes to visit. That is one food joint I like! She lives right outside of Pittsburg, PA.

When Mike had to go to Pittsburg for his transplant check-up, we ate there twice! They really do have great sandwiches!

8. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

We had a tent with an air mattress. Access to electricity for phones. We already love tent camping, so this was super easy haha.

Some people had window units in their tents. Some of the people there told us they travel the country going to these openings, then they give the coupons to the homeless.

9. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Been wanting to try Panera. One went in somewhere around here last year. Just have to remember where it is....

10. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    YES BATHROOMS. I brushed my teeth and washed my face in the bathroom. :D

We have a new panera but it's always packed so I haven't gone yet. My BFF is gluten intolerant so we go to Jason's deli a lot. It's pretty good, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by