grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Oh now don't get me started Twist, lol. Just because Obama thinks this insurance thing is great, doesn't mean it is. You tell me how any person that couldn't afford insurance in the first place can magically be able to afford insurance just because Obaama said so. How threatening everyone with a severe fine if they don't sign up for Obamacare is going to make people magically be able to afford it. He sure isn't trying to make a living on $8 something an hour. If he was he wouldn't be pushing Obamacare.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  2. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    Beth had vet at 8;30 Then ran some errands and dropped dogs of and out to the farm for the day. Got a lot of piddly stuff finished. [​IMG] Brought my helper in from the farm and took him and Robert (other guy at farm who helps with the motel) out to dinner. We get back and Beth had managed to remover her bandage.[​IMG] So had Rod (helper) hold her foot while I try to make do whit what I have around the house. Triple antibiotic some cotton circles, ace bandage and then duct tape. House later she (Beth) zips by and I notice something dragging off her foot ROTTEN brat had been trying to remove the bandaged. I may have gone a little "norman bates" on her but she is **** lucky I didn't staple the CONE OF SHAME to her head. It going to no be a permanent fixture upon her head. Some of the cinnamon queens are starting to lay. Very impressed as they hatched April 29. Wasn't even finished sorting and washing eggs before I had already sold 4 dozen. And then a dozen after we got back from dinner. Down to 6 dozen n fridge of the large/extra large and an 18 pack of med and smaller.

Out to the farm again tomorrow Think we have just about everything ready for the possible herd of Yaks I might be getting. Waiting for the State Vet to call me back to see just home many hoops I will have to jump through to bring them in from Minnesota.

You haven't lived until you have tried to peel duct tape off of an ace bandage.

Hang in there chicken lady!![​IMG]

3. ChickenLady2014

ChickenLady2014 Feathered Frenzy

Jan 7, 2014
    God's Country
    Falling a asleep, night all [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  4. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    Yep the fine for the first year was $185.00 ( or is that the 2 nd year) per month still cheaper the health ins. Also open enrollment is not available until Nov of this year. I tried doing the online gov thing. in April still waiting to hear from the company I applied to.

5. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    Off to take a shower and then read a little before bed. Sweet dreams all and You had better straighten up there Lilly.

I don't understand how the previous owner can be so concerned about the dog and had no idea she had fleas ??? [​IMG]

6. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    Name them after Cinderella's two UGLY step-sisters and If you have a male maybe Quazi-moto. I understand that they are bug eating machines tho. Have you considered Clipping their wings to avoid them flying over the fence???

And now I am really going to bed.

7. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    And as I check in everybody leaves. Was it something I said? Something I did? lol

They are admitting me. Been stuck with needles and given a shot and pills. I just want to go to sleep. Not in a room yet so I guess I will surf while I have free Internet. :)

8. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Just got into a room on the cardiac floor. Now I am wide awake.

9. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    thats funny did she give you the dollar?

10. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    granny i have been to milton ky love the place they have lots of everything..when i went they had chickens too..that would be a great place to meet you someday..i don't remember how far it is from me and i slept all the way home..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by